Tragedy Strikes

The snow was just barely coming down at St. Mary's hospital in Georgia and it had been the forth time that Carita had been sent there in a month's time. Carita ran through the halls of the emergency wing, looking for the sign of life that she needed to see, looking desperately for a face that she knew so well. The weather was what had kept her away from St. Mary's much longer then it should have- snow was an unusual thing for Carita to drive through- especially while going over a hundred down a highway where the speed limit is fifty- in good weather. There were chunks of nice melting in her hair as she found the room that she was looking for at the end of the hall.

" You cannot go in there right now, Miss. She is in a critical state." A woman in a pink shirt said as she tried to lead Carita out of the room.

" Screw you, I am going in there and being by my mom's side no matter what you say! I am her only family!" Carita shouted as she shoved past the nurse and into the room beside her mother. " You foolish woman, I told you that I would get someone to come and help you!" She held her mother's hand tightly.

Carita had known the risks to her mothers job- known that she needed someone to go with her into this trip- and begged her mother to just wait one day. Carita knew that her mother could not take down a whole nest of vampires out on her own, no hunter could. It would have been foolish to think that anyone could do that, she begged and begged, but her mother had just given her a burn phone and told her to call Bobby Singer in two days if she was not back by then. It was the same line that she had gotten every time her mother went out on another hunt, it had always been like this, since the day Carita had been born. She had refused to take orders though, called up every hunter that she could think of until she had come to one that knew her mother and would come to help, though it had been too late.

" Miss, you really need to get out of here." The nurse tried once again.

" If you even think about taking me away from my mother I will scream at the top of my lungs and will not stop until I am back by her side. So I would not even think about trying." Carita hissed as she gripped tighter onto her mothers hand. Her mother's heart starting to come back to normal. " Thatta girl. Common Mom."

Carita had been a hunter's child since she was born, nothing more than just that. Carita had been left from place to place when she was a toddler and could not take care of herself, but when she came to age, it was time for her to pick up slack for herself. She learned at a young age what it felt like to hold a gun in her hands, to learn to shoot, and most importantly what to kill and what to not kill. From trashy motel room in one state to another, Carita stuck by her mothers side. But this was different, Carita knew her mother, knew how much she could take, and this was more than anything any woman could handle.

" Is this the daughter?" A man asked at the doorway.

" Common Mom, you can make it, common." Carita cooed to her mother.

" Yes, Doctor." The nurse said as she went to another room.

" Miss Dixon, we need to speak." The doctor said as he walked into the room.

" Can it wait just a little, my mom seems like she's coming to, just a little." Carita smiled as she looked at her mom.

" That's what we need to speak about." The doctor said lightly.

Carita sat in the OR waiting room for what seemed like hours before two figures walked into the room, they looked like they had been through hell to get here. They were hunters, it was something that Carita could tell now, it was something in the shoulders that made her know it. One was much taller than the other, with long brown hair and looked shocked when he entered the room. The other was shorted with shorter hair and a leather jacket on. Carita stood and walked over to the two, knowing who they were before she even spoke to them.