chapter twenty eight

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

"I don't know," Lauren rests her head on Camila's shoulder, looking at the unprivate button next to the video that's already uploaded onto Camila's channel. "But it's there. You might as well just post it. Now better than later."

"They're going to love you, okay?" Camila's fingers gently run through her hair, "Almost as much as I do. I loved the video while I was editing, it was so beautiful how you opened up, and I really appreciate you trying your best to understand this whole YouTube thing."

"Just... post it. Then we'll watch an episode of Game of Thrones and come back to it to see what people think..." Lauren trails off, pulling Camila in for a kiss, and when she looks her in the eyes, she sees nothing but sincerity. "And if they don't like it, then... fuck them. I'm past the point of caring, because I would do anything if it meant I got to have you. Including tolerating those assholes."

Camila looks at the button for a few moments, before she finally presses it and watches as the video goes public. Closing the tab, she looks back at Lauren with a small smile. "Done."

"I love you," Lauren mumbles, resting her head on Camila's shoulder. "So, are we going to go do something? Take my mind of the inevitable onslaught of hate?"

"Hey, it'll be fine!" Camila assures her, "seriously, you know for a fact that ninety-nine percent of my fans love you."

"Joking, Camz," Lauren presses a chaste kiss to Camila's lips, "I mean, I hate the stuff that some people say, but at this point... it's not worth losing you."

Camila smiles. "Alright, let's go watch some Game of Thrones."

"No," Lauren grabs her hand as they stand up, "I want to do something."

"Oh?" Camila wiggles her eyebrows suggestively, even though she's only kidding. "Like what?"

"I don't know. Just something... light. So I don't have to think for a while," Lauren wraps her arms around Camila's waist, snuggling her face into her girlfriend's neck. "I just want to be with you."

"Okay," Camila smiles, "I'm good with that. Something light... do you want to dig out the old Nintendo DS' and have a Mario Kart battle?"

Lauren hums. "Only if you'll cuddle me while we're doing it."

"Always, princesa," Camila kisses the top of her head. "I love you so much."

Lauren pulls her in for a kiss. "I love you too."

MY GIRLFRIEND TAKES OVER MY CHANNEL
2,057,764 views
Camila Cabello ------- SUBSCRIBE: 5.1M
Published July 8, 2017

"Hallo," Lauren looks at the camera, but then her face settles into a frown. "Okay, I really don't know how Camz does this without feeling awkward as fuck. But hello. I'm Lauren. Some of you might know that already, but others might not. Camz wanted me to film a day in my life, and I'm going to warn you now, I'm not particularly interesting, especially during summer. At least in college I could take you to class, but then I don't think people would find a two hour law and forensics lecture that interesting, and I realise I'm rambling because I genuinely just don't know what to say."

"Anyway... um," Lauren looks around almost desperately, before her eyes light up and she angles the camera downwards, "this is my baby! His name is Dash, I got him as a puppy when I was little. He's twelve now, but he's still a little puppy to me."

"Um," as Dash walks off disinterestedly, Lauren turns the camera back to herself, "I think I've exhausted most of my conversational topics... oh! This is a little trophy I got at high school graduation for being a bad bitch. Just kidding, it was actually for being top of the class in criminal law, but being a bad bitch makes me sound more intimidating. I should just do that! Like, a room tour or something, since that's where I am, my bedroom at my parents' house in Miami. I go to college in L.A, maybe one day Camz and I will root around in my bedroom there once my friends and I move into our new place."