15| Euphoria

❛❛You know that it's already begun,
The moment you hear that sound.❜❜

- Pied Piper

꒰꒰ a/n: the above media is a piano cover of ‘euphoria.’ please play it before you start to read ꒱꒱

๑☆゚.*・。゚๑

It was Saturday, which also meant that it was the day of Jihye's competition. Jungkook was happy that it was the weekend because that way, she'd get time to prepare herself and overcome the horrible experience of bullying she'd been through because of him.

At first, he felt like beating himself up but then he thought he needed to be there for the next time it happened. Scratch that. He needed to be there so that it never happened again.

She was relieved that he was there for her through the hard times. She wanted to thank him, so she prepared herself to give her everything to this performance.

Jungkook sat in the first row of the audience, knowing Jihye would want to see a familiar face in the crowd when she came on stage. One thing they both didn't know — there was someone else observing them with great interest.

That someone, was very known to them and of course, he didn't expect Jungkook to be rooting for Jihye there. But when he saw, he felt a smile appear on his face.

After a few performances that Jungkook couldn't concentrate on for thinking about Jihye, she finally came on stage. Like the previous contestants, she held the mic to say a few words about her song.

"Hello, everyone. I worked very hard on this song. So, I hope you enjoy it." She scanned the audience and smiled when her eyes spotted Jungkook. She locked her gaze on him.

"This song is for a very special person of my life," she said, not once breaking eye contact with Jungkook. He felt his heart beating fast for some unknown reason. Jihye sat behind the piano, so that he could see only one side of her.

When she slowly started playing the piano, Jungkook heard a very sweet tune he'd never heard her play before. Yes, he sometimes stood in the shadows when she played in her room but this tune was something he never listened to.

The beautiful sound coming from the instrument seemed to be very close to his heart. He was awe struck by the tune and the way she was playing in concentration with her eyes almost closed.

Then when she started singing, it got even more dangerous for his heart because it touched him right there.

"Did you wander looking for a dream erased like rainbow?
It's different from a plain word like fate.
You're looking at the same place with me with a pain in your eyes.
Won't you please stay in dreams?"

It felt like the memories of the past one month of their marriage were slowly flickering by in front of his eyes. The way she'd accepted everything with a smile. That beautiful smile of hers... it was starting to become more precious to him than anything else.

"I hear the ocean from far away.
I walk across the dream over the forest,
And go towards there as it gets clearer.

Take my hands now.
You are the cause of my euphoria."

She kept on singing gracefully, once or twice smiling, which made her eyes turn into small crescents, although not as much as her older brother. She struck a very high note towards the end, and her angelic voice surprised Jungkook.