Wolves

They scratch and howl, and howl and scratch.

I start pacing around the room with panic, suddenly noticing a white dress is folded neatly at the corner of my bed.

At least he left me clothe. Certain relief comes with the silky wrap of the long sleeved dress. Whatever happens, at least I won't be naked.

"We know you're in there girl!" A man's voice calls through the door. "If you come out now, we might show mercy."

I grab the hairs on my head, and breath in deep. Where is my crazy powerful abductor when I need him?

"This the last chance before we smash the door and tear you apart!" The man roars, punctuating with a thud against the door.

The hit sounds strong, but the dark wood door stays firm in the white tree's frame.

Maybe they can't break the door?

"Fine girl. We are burning the tree with you in it." A lower growl echoes through.

"Wait!" I yelp. "What do you want from me?"

"Come out and talk."

"We are talking, aren't we?"

"You're a smart girl aren't you? Do as I say. It will be easier."

Fuck. I curse under my breath, fists clenching as my mind whirls on how I can get out of this.

"Oh, thanks Ralph. We got the torches now. Seems like we're eating well-done today boys."

"Okay, okay!" I yell, frustration dropping my head back against the door. "I am coming out."

"Three..." He counts.

"Two..."

I turn around quickly, putting my weight against the door handle.

"One." The Alpha's got four men almost as muscled as him by his sides, shaggy black hair, and a killer's smile. His dark eyes drink me in slowly, the tip of his tongue slipping on his lips.

"Aren't you pretty?"