Chapter 20

This chapter gets a little more spicey, but some things are revealed regarding some questions I've received ;)

____________________

I was taken out of my shock by the crowd, now standing and cheering around me. I slowly began to clap my hands as well, rising to my feet while still unsure of how to feel about this announcement. Twenty-one seemed a bit young for someone to take over something as serious as the mafia.

Leo came over to me with a huge smile on his face, and picked me up off the ground, hugging me tightly. I couldn't help the laugh that slipped my lips at seeing his excitement. He finally placed me back down on the ground and I placed my hands on his jacket, lightly gripping onto the collar of it.

"Baby, did you hear that! I'll be taking over at 21!" his smile was contagious and I couldn't help the huge smile that came over my face as well.

"I did hear, congrats love," I smirked before moving closer to his ear whispering in a sultry tone, "or should I say, Don."

I wasn't one to show tons of PDA, but after two glasses of champagne, I was ready to be all over Leo.

I pulled back, catching his eye while slightly biting my lip. His thumb reached out and released my lip. "God, if only none of these people were here right now baby," he groaned out.

My smirk widened before I leaned in, kissing him lightly on the lips. His arms around my waist tightened, but I pulled back from the kiss as quickly as it happened.

He looked confused, "Why did you pull away so quickly?"

"Because people are staring," I murmured.

"I don't care, you're mine," he narrowed his eyes.

This only made me laugh before I patted him on the chest, "We'll continue this later because there are people coming to congratulate you."

I pulled away from him, not before noticing the annoyed look on his face at the interruption. This made me smile even more, and the next hour was filled with people congratulating Leo.

My friends came over to me, while Leo was speaking to some people that were friends with his father.

"Hey Aria, I wasn't expecting that announcement to happen tonight," Victoria told me, taking a sip of her wine.

"Neither was I, but I'm happy for Leo. It's something he's wanted pretty much his whole life, I just feel like 21 is pretty young," I confessed to them.

"I remember my dad telling me that Don Moretti hadn't even become the leader until he was 26. I think Leonardo might be the youngest leader by far," Claire said.

I nodded my head, processing the information before Elena cut in, "Don't worry A, for knowing Leonardo for a short while, I've seen just how powerful he is. He can handle this, hell he could probably take over now if his dad let him. I mean, do you remember how terrified we were of him?"

I laughed slightly, thinking about the old days where Leo and I weren't together yet. Now, I couldn't even picture my life without Leo in it. The rest of the girls laughed, remembering how scared we were.

"Oh my God, we literally hid in the bathroom," Claire told the group, and I let out a loud laugh at that memory.

"It's so crazy to think about how much things have changed in the span of a couple of months," Victoria said.

"It is, but I'm happy they did," I said with a large smile on my face.

I felt a hand on my lower back. "Do you ladies mind if I steal Aria for this dance?" Leo asked.