Chapter 16~ What. A. Babe

When you have Alexis Awkward Harrington as your name, then it's quite hard to react to things normally. For example, the guy I like asks me out and I just stand there with my mouth half open looking like a pumpkin. Not a good sight.

"Muffin? Alexis?"

"Oh...um...yes. I mean, yes I would be happy too". Wow, way to go Alexis. You awkward piece of shit.

Ryan didn't care though, he just breathed out a sigh of relief. "Good. Well, we better join the others in case they think we ran away".

I laughed and followed him back to where Skye and the rest were...and Brooklyn in an oversized man's t-shirt.

I burst out laughing and Skye had tears in her eyes.

"I look like a...a...man!"

I covered my hand with my mouth to try to stop laughing.

"You look fine! Just because you can't see a little cleavage, doesn't mean it's the end of the world" Skye tries to comfort her, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.

"Easy for you to say! You look good in anything you wear, boobs or not!" Brooklyn grumbles.

Skye gives a small laugh but then dusts off Brooklyn's shirt and placed a piece of Brooklyn's hair behind her ear. "You look beautiful no matter what, and don't you drag on about how you want a guy to like you for your personality?"

"Yeah but-"

"No butts, this is the time to start now. So, come one beautiful, let's go get you a sport's bra"

Wow, I honestly need to give this girl a medal. That was deeper than the ocean. She then grabbed me and Brooklyn's hand to the counters. We finished getting the shirts and walked out from the store.

The whole group gathered and had chats among themselves. When then walked around the mall and Ryan walked next to me in front of everyone. He wrapped his arm around my waist. I felt so safe in his arms, it may sound weird but it's so true.

Since we weren't a millimetre apart from each other and Ryan had his arm around my waist, everyone saw us...meaning our secret was kind of out. Well, it was never really a secret to Kayla, that girl knows me like the back of her hand.

We all entered the food court. I smell coffee...

Skye ran up to a bakery and bought all the cookies. It's no surprise. But it was like Ryan could predict me, because what he said next just made me fall for him even more.

"Let me go buy you a cappuccino"

What. A. Babe.

~~~~~~~

Sorry, it's really short but I hope you guys like the double update! Tell me what you think of the book so far, and what do you think is going to happen with Ryan and Alexis?
Collage of Alexis attached!

Vote/Comment/Share

-G