Chapter 30

Leo

The next three weeks go this way: we wake up together, we eat together, then we go to the training area, where I watch my Angel train with the guys, and then we come back, eat dinner, shower and go to bed.

Angel is extremely stressed out, and I think everyone can feel her agitation. During training, she pushes the guys hard, not giving them time to rest. But no one dares to complain. Mason did, once. It almost cost him his life, if it weren't for Doc.

Axe went back to the facility, per Angel's request, but she didn't tell me why she sent him there.

Ever since she saw the picture of the witch, she's been blocking me out completely, so I have no idea what's going on. But I noticed the look of recognition on her face. She knows that woman. How? I have no idea. My best guess is that she met her at the facility, but when I asked, she just told me not to worry, which makes me worry even more.

It's deeply upsetting to see my mate so on edge, so angry and worried about something she can't control. It's not her fault that I didn't stay human like the rest of my pack, but I feel like she blames herself.

As we lie in bed, with my Angel snuggled into me, I keep thinking about everything, the facility, the war with that boss fucker, the Undeads and the curse.

"Leo." I hear my Angel's voice.

'Yes, Angel?'

'You know I love you, right?' I look at her, surprised. There is something in her voice that tugs at the strings of my heart.

'Of course I know, my love. I love you, too. You're my world.' I tell her, completely honest. She's my everything.

Demon whimpers quietly in my head. 'Something's wrong.'

I agree with him, something is definitely wrong. There's just something in Angel's voice that gets me worried.

'What's wrong, Angel?'

'Nothing's wrong. I just can't sleep.'

I'm not convinced. She's hiding something.

My paws tighten around her, making her bury her face further in the fur of my neck.

I wake up alone.

When I don't sense my mate anywhere in the house, I start panicking. She's not here! She's never left me alone!

'Shane, is Angel with you?!' I yell into the mind link, getting increasingly worried.

'No. The Deads are also gone.' He sounds as panicked as me. Where is she?!

'Did anyone see my mate?!' I open the link to the whole pack, but I only get negative responses from my pack members.

I run out of the house, my heart almost ripping through my ribcage. I would feel through the mate bond if my Angel was hurt, but that knowledge doesn't do anything to ease my worries. Why did she leave? Where did she go?! Why did she take the Deads with her?!

I try to find a trail, desperate to find my little mate, but all I get is the smell of the Deads, which goes in circles, misleading anyone who would try to follow them.

'FIND HER!!!' Demon snarls, getting agitated.

We look around the territory for any sign of my mate, but we end up nowhere.

She's gone. SHE'S GONE!!!!

For the whole day my pack tries their best not to show how hurt they are over the loss of their Luna. I stay on my front porch, lying in front of the rocking chair where I used to cradle my Angel to sleep. I don't want to do anything; nothing makes sense without my little queen.