Chapter Ten

Naomi had been anxious all day, She barely had any sleep last night, She could not help but think about today. Not only would she be seeing Ryan, but he would also be spending the weekend with her, in her apartment.

Luckily for Naomi, Fridays’ wasn’t really much of a busy day for her. By 1 pm, she was through with everything she had on her to-do list including the meeting she thought was going to last longer so she had the rest of the day to herself to prepare for Ryan’s arrival.

On her way home, She stopped by the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for dinner and the weekend. As soon as she got to her apartment, she placed the items she bought on the kitchen counter and went straight to her room to take a nap.

She was exhausted from her meeting and photoshoot; the fact that she didn’t have any sleep last night did not help either as a headache was building up at the right side of her forehead.

Naomi undressed herself leaving only her underwear on, She reached for her phone in her bag and set the alarm for 5:15 pm before placing it on the nightstand. She was happy she had two hours to rest.

Naomi plopped down on her bed and covered herself with the duvet, the last thing she thought about before she fell asleep was how she would react when she saw Ryan. She was sure he would appear more handsome than the last time she saw him. She had received a text from him on her way to the grocery store that he was about to board the plane.

...........

A groan escaped from Naomi’s mouth as soon as she heard the sound of her alarm, she was still tired but she reluctantly stood up, turned off the alarm, and reached for a random dress in her closet. Then she made her way downstairs to make dinner.

In forty minutes, Naomi was through, She did the dishes and then went into her room to take a shower and get ready to leave for the airport.

She decided to go natural and ended up choosing a black dress with matching sandals. She applied no makeup, reached for her car keys and exited her apartment.

Halfway through the drive, Naomi received an incoming call from Linda. She placed the call on loudspeaker so she could concentrate on her driving.

“What’s up?” Naomi said to the other side.

“I’m cool boo, just checking up on you so you don’t die of excitement.“Linda chuckled.

Naomi exclaimed, “What a good friend you are!”

“Anyways how’s my brother? I hope he’s taking care of you?” She asked, even when she knew the answer.

“He is. Actually, he’s in the kitchen making dinner. He asked me to go take a shower in his room and I decided to check up on you first.”

“Awe, isn’t my brother the sweetest?” Naomi teased and she could tell Linda was blushing on the other side.

She chuckled before she answered. “Yes, he is.” And after a while, she said, “Thank you for talking some sense into our heads.”

“Oh you’re welcome and if I didn’t, who will?” Naomi had talked to both her best friend and brother, she made them start acting on their feelings for each other. It turned out that Luis was scared to approach Linda because he felt the feeling was one-sided and Linda, on the other hand, did not want to be the girl that took advantage of her best friend’s brother.

“Have fun with Luis, okay?”

“I will. Make sure you have fun with Ryan too,” Linda said before ending the call.

Amongst the crowd that was walking towards the arrival area with their luggage, Naomi tried her best to locate Ryan. It took a while before she saw him and Immediately their eyes connected, Naomi’s heartbeat increased. Ryan was the only person who had the power to make her feel this way. He looked pretty much the same as the last time she saw him. The only difference was that he was more handsome. The night she met him he was putting on a dark suit but now he was putting on casual wear which made him look sexy as hell.

Naomi was busy drooling over Ryan that she failed to notice when he finally approached her.

“Hey.” He said, bringing her out of her thoughts. She looked at him and saw a smile on his face. She could tell he was tired because of the dark circles under his eyes but he looked excited at the same time. Probably more excited than she was.

“Hi.” She replied with a smile too. And before she knew it, He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a hug. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the feel of his body against hers. He sighed as he inhaled her scent, he had missed her so much, a day never went by without him thinking about her. She stole his heart and ran away but he was glad he had found her and he wasn’t willing to let her go.

Even though Naomi was shocked as soon as she was pulled into a hug, she ended up hugging him back as she gently wrapped her arms around him. She could see the smiles directed to them by the people passing by. No doubt they must think she and Ryan were lovers who have not seen each other for a while.

After what seemed like forever, Ryan pulled away from the hug, rested his forehead against hers and whispered “I missed you. Please don’t ever run away from me. I don’t know how I survived not seeing you or hearing your voice for that long but I truly don’t want to go through that phase again.” He pleaded.

Naomi did not trust herself to say anything so she nodded to his request.

He smiled, kissed her forehead and then released her from his hold.

“I guess we should be on our way. My car is parked close by.” She said and he nodded.

They walked side by side with Ryan rolling his luggage beside him.