Chapter 43: Starting Over

Ashley's POV

"Where are we going now" I asked glancing outside looking at the familiar streets of LA.

Well after my mom didn't let me see my dad, uncle Mathew and Kevin suggested that I should go home and get some rest considering that I might be tired by the traveling and all and also said that there's no point of me staying in the hospital any longer since my mom was too adamant about not letting me see my dad but anyways the brighter side is that my dad will be home probably by tomorrow morning or maybe even tonight depending upon his condition when he wakes up.

So here we are on our way towards...well I don't know but the little voice in my head is telling me exactly where we are about to go and if that voice is right than I guess we need to stop immediately and go somewhere else because right now everything is already overwhelming for me so I don't want to make it even worst by going back to the place where Kevin and I moved to, after a few days of our marriage...the place which I once called my home.

"Well where do you think we are going? Of course we are going home" He replied as if stating the obvious.

Oh how do I tell him that I don't want to go there. What if he feels bad about it? I don't wanna hurt him in anyway.

"Um I think it'll be best if we stay at my mom dad's place I mean I'm not forcing you to come and stay with me, you can stay at our...I mean your place or anywhere else you want but I just don't want to go back there. I just hope you understand" I said hesitantly and at a point I found myself getting confused by my own words too.

"Okay you didn't need to say all that I mean...I understand" He replied before telling the driver to take us to my parents place.

"You go inside I need to make a phone call" He said moving a little away from me while typing something on his phone as I just nodded as the driver took our bags inside.

I looked up at the house where I spent my whole childhood in, which still looked the same...beautiful. But what surprised me was that it still gave me the same homely feeling...it's still there, the warmth, the love, the care...I can feel it in the cold but yet soft air that's caressing my cheeks gently...as if welcoming me back.

The gentle air made me remind of my mother...she has always been gentle and caring when it came to me and not only when I was a little child but also when I was a grown up girl because for parents you never really grow up no matter what your age is, you'll always be that little child who needs all of their love and care.

But today I didn't feel any of it...today she slapped me...the mother who never even raised her voice at me...but today she slapped me. Her slap made me feel as if I was so unwanted here...so un-welcomed and the fact that she didn't wanted me to see my own dad, hurts really bad.

Have things really got so bad...is my relation with my own family has ruined to the extent that I needed someone's permission to see my father who's lying in the hospital unconscious...I mean I'm his daughter I have every right to see him and no one could have ever dared to stop me...but my own mother did and that's what has hurt me the most...being rejected from the people I love the most.

I huffed out a tired sigh as I glanced around to see where Kevin was, only to see that he was still on the phone call and as I was about to turn back and walk inside the house my eyes stopped on the house across the street, which was a minute or two-three minutes walk away from where I was standing...it's the place I called my home...it's the place where Kevin and I spent our entire childhood in...I practically spent more time there than I have spent at my parents place...always around him.

All of this is just getting too overwhelming for me...oh god I just need to get out of here as soon as possible because I just can't handle all this I...the chain of my thoughts was interrupted by his voice which was filled with concern.