Ch. Seven

Butterfly kisses had been the thing Brie woke up too, quite the similar fashion in which she'd done to Raye most mornings. It so happened that this new day Raye had beat her to the chase, an innocent but fairly competitive deed.
Giggling, at the way she kissed her neck, Brie reached out blindly feeling for Raye's cheeks until she found them. Placing both her palms against the warmness of her, she brought her face to hers, kissing her mouth tenderly.

"Morning lovebug, " she greeted after ending the kiss, her eyes now opened.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?"

"Oh next to you, like a goddamned baby," Brie whispered, causing her girl to laugh.

"Well, you and I had the same night's rest apparently." Brie reflected softly on the occasions in which she'd find Raye up late at night on her own but disregarded it, she couldn't bring it up now. Using the opportunity to kiss her instead, she glared into her hazel orbs, feeling mushy from the look she got from her.

"I love you."

"I love you too baby, "

"I know. Anyway, I'm about to make us some breakfast, so I'll allow you to go freshen up. You can meet me in the kitchen."

"Of course,"

Giving her one last quick kiss, Raye left the room and for a few more minutes Brie laid staring up into the ceiling, flashes of her night came skipping back. A dissatisfied look on her face, she rose from bed and quietly stomped her way out the master suite and into the bathroom where she got ready for the day. When she was done she met Raye at the kitchen's stove, making an omelette, with the scent of coffee also filling the air.

Fixing herself a cup of coffee before settling on a stool at the counter, Brie hugged the mug within her hands, taking a deep breath of the dark brew before placing it to her lips.
She took a careful sip, opening her eyes she had involuntarily closed during the act. At the same time, Raye slid a plate with an omelette towards her serving it with a smile.

"Looks amazing."

"Thank you." Replied Raye, taking a bow which made Brie chuckle. She didn't make it to the dining table, instead, she began to eat her breakfast right there. Raye had joined her too.

"Anywhere in particular you and Cassie went last night?"

"Oh no, she'd picked me up and we sorta stopped at her place for a bit before she brought me home." She lied, and to her, Raye didn't seem to notice a thing but she felt bad for doing it though it was necessary.

"Okay. Is she alright? The last time she and I spoke she was complaining about Jon." Raye chuckled. "And I told her that maybe if she was having all that trouble over dick, she should at least give pussy a try. It was less hassle."

"You did not say that to my sister?"

"I did,"

Brie was unable to contain her laughter, shaking her head at Raye's bluntness.

"I have to admit she has been a little uneasy lately and I hope she turns out okay."

"Me too," Raye answered with a mouth full of food.

"Um. Raye?" The girl called out, aimlessly pushing her egg around waiting for the older girl next to her to respond. She was about to address the sudden mood change she'd encountered yesterday with her and was hoping she would be willing to talk, sharing what was going on with her.

"Is something wrong?"

She could feel Raye's intense eyes on her, she could always feel them and quite like the way she'd say her name, her glare would conjure this butterfly feeling in her tummy, whether the situation was good or bad.