Card 5: Queen of Hearts

In the Morning everyone was gathered in the mess, still wearing some of the gear to keep them warm. Tank turns the nob as it releases some oatmeal goo into the bowl "Here you go, buddy. Breakfast of Champions." he states placing the bowl down in front of Neo. He took it gripping the spoon as Tank sat down and dug in. "If you close your eyes, it almost feels like you're eating runny eggs." Mouse informs Neo.

Zelda shook her head as she eats a spoonful of the goo. "Yeah, or a bowl of snot," Apoc states as he took a spoonful. Neo looks at his as he drops it back into the bowl. "Do you know what it really reminds me of?" Mouse asks as Neo looks at him. "Tastee Wheat. Did you ever eat Tastee Wheat?" he asks, Neo shook his head. "Hey, Z. did you?" he asks her, Neo looks at Zelda as she shook her head and kept eating her breakfast. "No, but technically neither did you." Switch reminds him. "That's exactly my point. Exactly. Because you have to wonder now... how do the machines really know what Tastee Wheat taste like, huh?" Mouse answers.

Zelda sips her drink, "Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe I think Tastee Wheat tasted like actually tasted like, uh, oatmeal or, uh, tuna fish. That makes you wonder about a lot of things. You take chicken for example. Maybe they couldn't figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything." Mouse rambles on. "Shut up, Mouse," Apoc said.

Then Mouse stops talking and looks at him, "Mostly likely they broken down the chemistry of each food they countered in the past, understanding the every food tables that made the food delicious to some and disgusting to others, so they later installed the software for tastes so the food within the Matrix has protein, vitamins, synthetic amino, and minerals-- everything a body needs to survive." Zelda calls out, everyone stops and looks at her. She pokes at her food then stops and looks at them. "What?" she asks, they all said nothing and went back to eating, "How did you know that?" Neo asks her. She shrugs at him, "Took down a Sentient once, hacked into the mainframe and learned everything from it, but it's strange. I've never once seen the encoded Matrix, but I could read it well, like fluently." she answers.

Neo nods at her and they both eat their sloppy breakfast, "She right." Bozer calls out and Neo looks over at him. "It's a single-celled Protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals-- everything the body needs." he agrees with her. "It's doesn't have everything the body needs." Mouse mutters and looks over at Neo and leans in closer towards him. "So I understand that, uh, you've run through the Agent training program," he states and Neo looks at him. "You know, I, um... I wrote that program." Mouse declares. "Here it comes." Apoc moans as Switch just grins. "So what did you think of her?" Mouse asks him. "Of who?" Neo asks, confused by the question. "The woman in the red dress. I designed her. She, um... well, she doesn't talk very much, but-but if you'd like to meet her, I can arrange a much more personalized milieu." he offers him.

Zelda snorts as she controls her laughter. "The digital pimp hard at work." Switch jokes as Zelda look away, trying not to laugh. "Pay no attention to these hypocrites, Neo." Mouse said, glaring at Switch then he looks over at him. "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human." Mouse advises him. Neo looks away and glances out from the corner of his eyes, right at Zelda.

Then the door was opened and everyone looks up at Morpheus, "Dozer when you're done, bring the ship up into broadcast depth. We're going in." Morpheus tells them. "In, Sir?" Zelda asks him, "I'm taking Neo to see her." Morpheus answers and he walks out from the mess. Cypher sighs as he looks over at Zelda who only glares at her and shot a look over at Trinity, who reminded quieted the entire time. "See who?" Neo asks as he looks at Tank. "The Oracle."

~8~8~8~

Everyone was gathered in the Main Deck, Tank took his seat in the Operator chair in front of the web of monitors "Everyone, please observes. The fasten seat belt and no smoking signs have been turned on. Sit back and enjoy your flight." Tank states as he types away on the keyboard as everyone was being loaded up into the Matrix.