Chapter 35-The Demoness is No More

"How long are you going to sleep?" A nagging voice sounded in Xiu Xiang's ears. She recognized that tone. She spent ten years with that person. How could she not recognize it?

"Let me sleep a little longer," she groaned. She was so tired. Her body felt like a thousand pounds, making her want to sleep forever.

"This lazy disciple!"

"Ow!" She felt a fist slammed down on her head, forcing her to get up immediately. She was back in the void of her unconscious state. The luscious scenery brought about a wave of nostalgia. Standing in front of her was the Demon King. He looked far younger than the last time she saw him. His hair was no longer white but black. There was a youthful look to his face as if he has never weathered a war.

"Master...?" She was almost unsure if the person standing in front of her was the same person.

"It looks like you freed my soul after all," the Demon King said with a chuckle. No sooner had he spoken, there came a soft whistle in the distance. Before Xiu Xiang could ask what that whistle sound was, the Demon King gave off a soft smile. He snapped his fingers and the golden shackles on her wrists shattered, freeing her limbs at last.

"You're no longer tied down to the golden restraints, however, you will no longer be able to return to the body you inhabited," the Demon King said.

"What's going to happen to me? Am I going to Heaven?" she asked. The Demon King gave out a hearty laugh in reply.

"Still stupid as always. What did I say before? You're a descendant of the Phoenix. You can't die. Not yet anyways. You have a chance to be reborn," he explained.

The whistle sounded again, this time louder and almost a bit demanding.

"Looks like my time is up. Someone is waiting for me," the Demon King said.

"Waiting for you?" Her question was answered by the appearance of a man dressed in white robes with wide sleeves. He appeared next to the Demon King looking quite irritated. The way he held himself contrasted with the Demon King. While the Demon King looked humorous and relaxed, the man in white held himself in a very composed manner. He reminded her a lot of Wei Xing.

"Huang Er, isn't it about time to leave?" The man in white asked.

"You're...!" Xiu Xiang's memories came rushing back to her. He was the man who appeared in the cave and killed Feng Yue.

"My name is Han Ming, the founder of Tian Ling Sect," he explained.

So, that was why Wei Xing called him Great Grandmaster, she thought.

He was very beautiful for a man. If it wasn't for his deep soulful voice, Xiu Xiang would've thought that the man was a woman. She bowed respectfully and thanked him for his help.

"Even after a thousand years, the battle has yet to end between the righteous cultivators and demons," Han Ming sighed regretfully.

"Ah Ming, let's leave it to the younger generation to deal with it. I think it's about time we finally leave," the Demon King suggested. He wrapped a playful arm around his shoulders and winked at him. Han Ming furrowed his brows at him and muttered, "You were the one who was stalling."

The Demon King ignored his words and patted Xiu Xiang dotingly on the head.

"Long ago, I got greedy and tried to take over the world. The one I loved ended up sealing me away and dying in my place. Now I can finally reunite with him. Whatever you do, don't make the same mistakes I did."

Xiu Xiang eyed the two of them and saw the affection in each other's eyes. She wondered what the past was between the two of them, but she didn't ask.