33|| Fifth wheel

Dedicated to GemReader1 and whyamimakingthis99 for being the firsts to vote last chapter and for your amazing support so far <3

Dedicated to GemReader1 and  whyamimakingthis99 for being the firsts to vote last chapter and for your amazing support so far <3

"Like this?"

"Mm, a little higher."

"Okay... What about now?"

"Better- Good, actually."

"Yes?" I smiled proudly, looking back from Norah to the mirror and examined the work. After almost an hour of her teaching how to properly apply an eyeliner it finally felt good to succeed.

"Yes." she appeared by my side on the reflection, her head popping over my shoulder with a smirk. "Wow, now your eyes look even bigger."

A blush climbed up my neck and I shoved her teasingly. "Isn't it the whole purpose of this?"

"Indeed." she shrugged, walking back towards her bed and dropping her weight there nonchallantly. "Just saying it really look good on you."

The inner me bloathed in content. "Thanks."

"Anytime. I was wondering if you'll let me do your make up after all, but you surprised me by taking the initiative and all. And something is telling me this isn't exactly for my brother." I blushed harder. Norah grinner from her position laying sprawled on her bed. "Am I wrong?"

"No..." I cleared my throat, straightening my back in an attempt to appear more confident. "I just wanted to try... for myself."

"Sure." she huffed. "A week ago you didn't even know if you'd be attending to the Spring Ball and now not only you will, but you're also wanting to go to the game tonight and want to learn how to make up yourself."

"S-so what? Isn't it easier if I could do my own so tomorrow I won't take time from you doing yours?"

Her eyes narrowed. "Are you saying I would need that time?"

"Of c-course not!"

"Mh, you better..." but I sense the humor so I knew she wasn't as mad as she was pretending to be. I rolled my eyes and turned to the mirror to watch my work again. I hope tomorrow I'll get to do it by myself just as well. Whatever other tease Norah was about to say got cut by my phone beeping on the desk where I let it since we'd begun this little tutorial, attracting both our attention there. "Again?" My friend groaned dropping back against the mattress. "Please take it at once. It's kinda annoying already."

"So exaggerated..." I snickered but picked it up nontheless and my heart picked up when I saw it was a text from Brett. As well as the previous couple.

BRETT: Hey! since you say you'll be coming what are you planning on doing 'til the game?

This one was from an hour ago, when school had ended. The two following were recent.