The Beginning.

Our beginning starts in a house just outside of London its garden decorated colourfully with flowers of all types, a paved path leading up to a pastel orange door with pastel green accessories. Inside was a girl with short brown hair and green eyes, her name is Samantha Holmes. She was lying on the couch phone in hand waiting for a call, she had been waiting for a call all day every day for weeks now and not a single call came through.

"I wander thro' each charter'd street,

Near where the charter'd Thames does flow.

And mark in every face I meet,

Marks of weakness, marks of woe-"

The door opened interrupting her and in walked her trusty assistant and friend Chloe Watson, while holding a tray carrying drinks and some biscuits. She walked towards the couch while saying "Jeez... Reading William Blake isn't going to get us jobs you know?" while grinning widely. Holmes, sat up on the couch and yawned before saying "Of course I know that, but you gotta admit it is a rather interesting poem, I'm glad we were taught this instead of those stupid love poems for our GCSE's" Watson sat beside her and they began to share the biscuits. That was when the phone rang making them both jump, Holmes rushed to get it falling off the sofa in the process. It was a case for them, an old lady and her daughter who lived in central London was receiving threats, they weren't life threatening but was deeply troubling them. Holmes and Watson set off straight away, heading into central London to the ladies flat. When they rang the doorbell, they were greeted by a young lady with beautiful white hair and red eyes, when Holmes mentioned the lady's name, the young lady said "Yes, they've been waiting for you. Their apartment is just up the first flight of stairs. She pointed up the stairs and both Holmes and Watson headed up the stairs and knocked on the door, a middle aged woman answered, behind her on the couch was an older lady. They were both very friendly looking and when the older lady saw them she said "You're the private Investigators right? Holmes and Watson? I called you this morning, come on in." She smiled sweetly at them whereas the middle-aged woman didn't seem to impressed. From the moment Holmes and Watson had arrived she had a foul expression, after they got the details of the job they headed towards the exit just before they exited they heard "Holmes? Watson?" they turned around and it was the young lady from before she approached them and said "If you want for your case, you can stay on the top floor, all the rooms are decorated unfortunately though there's only one room but other than that it would be the perfect temporary workplace for you." Holmes and Watson stared at each other before Holmes asked why and the lady said "I'm worried about Mrs Lewis, she's been getting threats and horrible pictures through the mail." Holmes blurted out "What pictures?! We didn't hear of any pictures!" the girl went into her apartment and came out a few moments later with an envelope, "I put them in here when they came here separately, they're about her son and he husband who died on a camping trip a few years back now... Their bodies were never found..." She spoke in a whisper as if to make sure Mrs Lewis couldn't hear her and when Holmes took the images out of the envelope there was Wedding photos and everything was vandalised in some way, some photos were taken on a camping trip in which a young man and an older one was sitting side by side fishing. Holmes asked if the young lady knew whether someone else went on the trip with them and she said "No they only took a tripod with them so they could take pictures." Holmes was deep in thought and when Watson asked them what was wrong, she pointed towards the forest in the picture where it appeared there was a figure lurking. They headed home for the night and to pack for the next few days, they packed only the essentials as well as the DS's and a Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit game. The following morning when they entered the flat the middle aged woman passed by them glaring as they left the building. The young lady came out at that moment and she said "Don't mind Abby, she's like that with everyone even more so after her father died. Anyway, come this way." She smiled sweetly at the two before heading up the stairs, to the top floor, when Holmes accepted the key from her she asked "So what should we call you miss..?" the young lady looked up and said "I'm sorry! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Amanda, Amanda Hudson..." Holmes said "Ok, Miss Hud-" before she was interrupted by Amanda saying "Please just call me Amanda! Oops I'm sorry I shouldn't of interrupted you... " she looked away in embarrassment and Holmes's shocked expression then turned into a smile as she said "Thank you for your hospitality Amanda." Amanda nodded before Holmes turned to Watson and said "Come on Watson! Lets get the whiteboard and everything in and crack this case!" Watson just smiled before saying "Yes! Lets solve this!" and then they headed back to the car and started taking stuff upstairs including a brand new whiteboard discussion board, once they were all set up Amanda offered them both a drink, she did offer them tea or coffee but they both settled with some water and sat down and talked for a bit. When the sun had set, their base of operations was all set up and Amanda left for bed, Watson was heading to bed while Holmes was deep in thought staring at the board, eventually she settled on the sofa and went to sleep listening to the Magical Messenger opening song.