Getting Even

"Carly are you okay, honey?" My dad asked as we were having breakfast.

I nodded and carried on eating my granola and yoghurt. I had dreaded this day since I got the news we were moving back to California, but since Saturday's incident with Mason I despised this day.

It was Monday morning and my first day of school, the start of senior year. Most people are excited and happy to be starting senior year, but I so wasn't. If only I was back at school in New York I would've been happier.

"Hey I understand you're nervous about starting a new school, but look at it this way, it's not exactly a new school. You've been there before." My dad reassured me before leaving for work.

"Your fathers right sweetie." My mom smiled.

I smiled at my mom and headed upstairs to get my things. If only she knew the real reason behind my silence. Yeah I was nervous and didn't like the idea of being the new girl again, but that was a thing of the past now. What I really was nervous about was seeing Mason; ever since I ran out of the party on Saturday I didn't see or hear from him. Although I did have missed calls from a number I didn't recognize.

I didn't tell anyone what happened, I didn't want to make an issue of something small. The last thing I needed was Mason and Liam in a fight, besides I could fend for myself. I made up my mind and decided that I'll be ignoring Mason from now on. I didn't want a jerk like him in my life.

The drive to St Katherine Stone High Academy is a fifteen minute drive from home; I could feel the butterflies in my tummy as I got closer to the school. As I drove through the gates I vaguely remembered the school, the same dark blue gates, boring dark-brick building and the huge school badge with St Katherine High Academy written fondly in the middle. It was a typical snooty private high school; all the wealthy kids came here. I got in because of my high grades; otherwise affording such a school was out of the question for me.

I could see all the fancy cars in car-park; there were Mercedes Benz's, BMW's, Audis to Porch's and some if I wasn't mistaken even Ferrari's. I stepped out of my car, trying hard to ignore the stares I was getting; I headed to the admin office to sort out the usual 'new-kid' stuff. As I walked along I noticed Masons blue Mustang parked in front of the school building.

I already knew Mason was popular by the amount of people standing around his car; there were mostly girls and buff looking guys. The popular clique I supposed. I quickly looked away when I noticed Mason; he was laughing and chatting with some girls wearing their uniform skirts extra short and shirts extra tight, with two or three of the buttons unbuttoned exposing their cleavage. I rolled my eyes and carried on walking to the office.

"Miss Edwards, welcome to St Katherine Stone High Academy, we are sure you will have a good learning experience with us. Here is your schedule for the year, your locker combination and a map of the school so you can find you way around. Have a good day and I hope if you have any problems you'd come see me." a middle aged lady maybe in her late thirties or early forties said in the admin office.

"Yes, thank you." I smiled taking my schedule and whatever the lady gave me.

I made my way through the busy corridors, once again ignoring all the stares I was getting. 'Jeez people I'm human like you all, no need to stare as if I'm out of space' I said in my mind. Thankfully I slightly remembered this school and easily found my locker.

Entering my combination, I placed whatever I didn't need in, hung up my jacket and closed it.

"Oh my God, Carly. It's so good to finally see you!" Amber came throwing her arms around me.

"Yeah you too, Amber." I half smiled when she pulled away.

"Don't give me that! We need to talk!" she said seriously.