Chapter 5: The Instinct

Diana was looking outside the window of her bedroom when she saw that her mother was going out to get some stuff for their house. She sighed before she was trying to make sense of anything that Arthur has been saying to her last night.

Don't be ridiculous. He does not know what he was saying. He would not have to tell you anything after all. He likes to bluff and this is all a game to him, she concluded before she was sighing, and then she was looking at the morning light.

'Perhaps I should go for a run,' she thought before her wolf agreed.

'That would be terrific. It has been a long time since you let me run,' she said as Diana was shaking her head.

'I just let you ran last week. It was not that a long time ago,' she said before she was opening her balcony as she was taking in the sight in front of her. She smiled before she was feeling the breeze on her skin.

'This is nice,' she thought before her wolf snarled at her.

'You literally feel this every day. Can we just hurry up and change? I have been wanting this for long now,' she said before Diana sighed.

"Party-pooper," she mumbled before she jumped like that night when Arthur was coming to her house. She shifted in the middle of the jump before a big, brown werewolf with grey eyes were on the ground as she landed on four paws.

'Let's roll!' she said before she was running through the forest and was excited for the first time in her life to be running out in the free wild forest of Paphos after so much was happening lately.

Her brother will be going to Italy.

Arthur was playing games with her, like always.

And she... she was supposed to be mad if she did not mate with her true mate and Arthur refused to reject her. Bloody males and their pride.

Diana was running through the forest as she was enjoying the winds that were splaying all over her face before she was running into a territory that she would not have to go. She did not realize that she was outside their safe territory until she heard the guns.

And it was too late for turning back now.

*****

"Forward," Arthur shouted and the warriors were moving forward.

"Back," he ordered and the warriors were moving backward.

"Thrust," the Gamma instructed and they punched their fists.

"Parry," Arthur said and the warriors blocked their opponents' advances.

"Move out. Make into two groups and you guys will be spared," he said as the warriors were teaming up as they were moving. Arthur smiled before he was listing all the rules like they have done it a million times and there was one male that raised his hand.

"Yes?" Arthur asked him before the guy spoke up.

"Will you be joining us today, Gamma? Perhaps show us some of your moves," he said before the others were smirking and laughing and snickering. Arthur was looking around before he chuckled lowly.

"I'm afraid I will not be doing that when you guys are barely even the master level. Now, spare," he said before he was making some notes of the warriors that he was training. They were the new recruits that have reached their ages and will be getting ready to fight for their pack.

"Busy mornings, I see," Xavier said as Arthur was turning around to see that the Beta will be leaving the island later that day.

"Yeah, and I am sorry I could not come. I wish I could but I have a tight schedule here," he said before the Beta smiled at him. He patted Arthur's back before he was nodding at him.