[3] ᴛʜᴇ ᴏғғɪᴄᴇ

EVER SINCE ERIC SENT THAT TEXT, I couldn't stop thinking about the agreement and him

The week went by quickly and I hardly saw Eric around because he was busy. I was slightly disappointed but something tells me he's planning something. Well, of course he was.

The man was planning on taking my virginity, for God's sake.

Apparently, Eric wanted it to be special for me, since it's my first time-and I'll never get to experience it again-so it must be unforgettable.

It was sweet that Eric thought that my first time should be special. I mean I wanted it to be with someone I loved but sometimes life doesn't go as planned.

'Everything happens for a reason.'

Friday rolled in faster than I imagined, today would be my first official day working at Spencer Headquarters. I was elated to work there because one, it makes me feel oddly closer to my father and I get to see MJ. It's been almost forever since I last saw her. After school I went to a nearby florist and bought flowers for MJ-daisies, to be specific. She loves them, while I love any bouquet given to me-it's the thought that counts.

Headquarters was only a couple of miles away from our town. So, the drive was about half an hour. Daniel and Mom were already at Headquarters so, I had to drive. I mean driving isn't bad. I hate to drive-when I was learning how to drive, I used get so flustered. Heck, I got scared from starting the engine.

I approached my destination and look outside-the building interior was very modern but the exterior was a bit outdated but it's the charm that matters. I walked pass the glass doors to the reception area. Inside was pretty stylish, minimal things inside made the room larger than it already was.

"Afternoon, how may I help you?" the blonde girl asks me, she's around her early 20s.

"I'm here to see my mother, Alison Mendes--Kingston." I smile at the girl as her face widens in shock.

"Oh, you must be her daughter! You're really beautiful," she coos. Ugh, she's so sweet. I check her name badge and see her name is, Patrice Robert. She's a beautiful girl too, her eyes are these gray blue colour and her hair, a dark shade of blonde. It really suited her, her features were stunning but elegant.

"Thank you. So, is my mother in a meeting or something, Patrice?" as I look around the lobby.

"She's actually busy with her husband some business meeting they are having with each other," she looks around her big desk, she huffs. "Here, you go. Your mom said that this is your office."