Chapter 20

The voice of the audience echoed to the whole arena as they sing along with Chenle with his song Puzzle Piece. The lightsticks were shining bright in the dark, big arena.

It had been 7 years since Zhong Chenle debuted as a soloist. He had a rough start because of his dating scandal. At first, people had a hard time accepting it and him. Chenle started from the bottom like normal rookies in the industry and people know him as 'the rookie who lifted the dating ban' and they didn't acknowledge his talent. After a few years and a few hit songs, he became famous globally. He had various concert tours and fan meetings on different continents. He won international awards and featured in international magazines. He won a lot of awards and became ambassador of different campaigns. He was a successful singer now. He had surpassed his own expectations.

It's been 8 years now since he and Jisung became official. During those 8 years, it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. They face problems like a normal couple. They had a fight and reconcile like a normal couple. But going on outside dates wasn't easy. Paparazzies and fans follow them almost everywhere they go, that's why they had to be careful. It was easier now because the fans and the world finally accept them.

It's been 4 years since they graduated. Jaemin established his own bakeshop and café along with Renjun while Jeno was working with Jisung. Yangyang was now the president of their company. Donghyuck also debuted as a singer and part of the group Nshitty Dream along with Hendery. Donghyuck was now as famous and successful as Chenle, and he and his boyfriend, Mark, were planning to get married soon. And Xiaojun, who would thought that he would fall in love with Yangyang? Those two hated each other guts, but just like Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun's relationship— both Xiaojun and Yangyang fell in love with Hendery and the three were in a poly relationship.

After Jisung graduated, he established a dance studio with Jeno named 'Park & Lee Dance Studio'. The studio soon became famous and they hired a lot of choreographers at the studio to teach classes. Jisung and Jeno choreographed a lot of dance choreographies for famous groups and soloists— locally and internationally. In fact, Jisung was the one who choreographed Chenle's latest comeback titled Quiet Down. Jeno and Jisung also went to entertainment companies to train the trainee's dancing skills.

"Thank you for staying with me for this long. I did not expect my career to last this long," Zhong Chenle stated after he sang Puzzle Piece. "We've been together for 7 years. You stayed with me through thick and thin over the past 7 years. You, guys, gave me strength and energy to keep on working hard and give back the love and support that you gave. I appreciate every single one of you. I want to say thank you to all of my Little Suns— not only to those who went to my concerts, fan meetings, and those who bought my albums and merchandises, but thank you also to those who keep on listening to my music and supporting me through their screens even if they don't buy any of my albums. Thank you, everyone."

Everyone was touched about what Chenle said but his next sentences made them cry, "For me, 7 years in this industry is enough. My dreams finally came true. I reached all of my goals. But leaving the idol world doesn't mean that I'll also leave the music industry. I'll keep on working behind the camera, I'll continue to write lyrics, compose and produce songs. I hope you'll support me in the next path that I'll take."

Everyone nodded while crying, even the staffs that was working there and been with Chenle for many years. Manager Ari who's already a married man cried like a baby. Chenle was like a son to him and today was like seeing his beloved son to go abroad and live there.

The concert ended that everyone's happy and contented, yet they're also sad but they tried to push aside the sadness and wish for Chenle to continue to be happy. Chenle and all his staffs had a farewell party for him and they all ate and drink well.