Chapter 18 • Agree??

"Open the door!" Very soon she smelled smoke, the room had started to burn.

There was no balcony. No window. What shall Draupadi do?

.

Arjun ran back to the palace.

"Rajkumar Arjun, how come you're back?" The Queen asked, in confusion and fear.

"Where is Draupadi?" He asked, angrily.

"Um..."

"Tell!" He roared.

He looked around and found the mansion which was in flames.

"What.." Arjun looked at the queen in confusion, as if asking that what he's thinking is true or not.

The queen looked down, in guilt? Maybe.

Arjun's face turned pale as without thinking anything he ran towards the mansion.

"Rajkumar Arjun!" The queen yelled after him but he didn't stop.

.
Draupadi was feeling suffocated, she couldn't figure out anything, her head was spinning due to the scarcity of oxygen. All she could think about was Arjun. She didn't want to be part with him too soon. It was just the start of their life and the end shouldn't be ending too soon.

"Arya..." She mumbled, the ceiling was too in flames, a part of it fell on the ground, luckily Draupadi saved herself from that.

She didn't want to die too soon, it wasn't her destiny, it wasn't her wish. It wasn't Arjun's Destiny to be separated from her and lose her. Too soon.

.

Arjun saw the mansion on flames, his bow was too far from him to get it on time and he could not wait anymore. He may lose her, so without giving a second thought he decided to break in the burning mansion, if it's what has been destined, I don't care. Either we both will live or we both will die the same way.

.

Draupadi could see everything in sunlight flames, there's no way she could break out, the last wish she was to see Arjun. Her eyes felt heavy, she couldn't breathe, her body felt numb. it was enough, she couldn't even save her from the flames now because of the dizziness due the lack of oxygen.

She felt her legs go numb and she was about to fall when two muscular arms caught her.

"Draupadi." Arjun said but he got no reply because she was unconscious.

"Draupadi.. I'm here, nothing will happen to you." He said and took her in his arms.
There was no way out. The Mansion was in flames, only and only flames all around, he carefully walked through the mansion, he got burns a few times but it didnt let anything happen to Draupadi, not even a single flames touch her, the mansion was huge and in full flames.
After some times Arjun found a hole which was in flames but it was possible to get through it. It lead to a river side.
. .

"What? Rajkumar Arjun went in too?" The king was shocked.

"Yes, Maharaja. There's no way out. They both died." The queen said.

"It was supposed to be only Rajkumari Draupadi. What will be say to Gandharaj now?"

"I don't know and you're thinking about what you reply to Gandharaj? Think about what will we say to Maharaj Pandu? That we killed their son? They'll attack our kingdom! I was already against it! We're in grave danger now, Maharaj!" The queen snarled.

"No, no, no, no one will tell them the truth, it was an accident. That's all!" The king said.

"Oh! I'll get hell after I die!" The queen whined.

. .

Arjun laid Draupadi on the ground and looked at her, "Draupadi! Draupadi, open your eyes. Please." He checked her nerves, the way Nakul does, of course he pays attention to what Nakul and Sehdev do.

Arjun sprayed some droplets of water, which he got from the river, on her face to wake her up.

"Krishnaa." He said, cupping her face, "Open your eyes please."

She stirred a little, fluttering her eyeslids, she opened her eyes, she couldn't figure out anything, all she knew that her Arjun was in front of her. She hugged him in a swift, tightly. Crying into his chest. He hugged her back, soothing her back.

"I'm here." He mumbled to her, softly.

"Arya." She sobbed.

"It's okay now. I'm here." They pulled away and looked at her, slowly wiping her tears away.

"I didn't wanna part with you." She said.

"Neither I do." He said and hugged her again, "The thought of losing you was killing me already."

They stayed like that for some time when Draupadi noticed that Arjun was having some bruises.

"It's nothing." Arjun said as he saw her eyes widening at the bruises. "And what we have to find out is... Why? Madhav warned me but I failed, you had to suffer in their for so long."

"No, Arya, you saved me, you didn't fail." She smiled at him and she kept her head on his chest.

"Why can't everything be alright?" She asked, softly, "Why can't everything go one smoothly?"

"I don't know." He caressed her.

"What did Govind warn you?"

"He said that not everyone is happy with our happiness." Arjun sighed.

"So, what shall we do now?" Draupadi asked.

"I can't risk to lose you again." He said.

"So what you are planning to do?" She asked, somewhere she has already guessed it.

"We aren't going back to Hastinapur. Not now at least. We don't even know who's this for sure... But I suspect some. Do you agree with me?" He asked.

"I'll agree to live anywhere as long as I am with you." She smiled at him.

. . .

"What's the news?" Vidhur asked the messanger as the whole sabha was seated.

The messager read aloud, "Respect to King Pandu,
I'm very ashamed and grieved to say that an accident took place at our premises,the mansion went on flames and unfortunately Rajkumar Arjun and Rajkumari Draupadi were in there. We couldn't do to save them.
- King Varna."

"He's lying!" Kunti spoke out of her grief, "This can't be true! Nothing can happen to my Arjun and Draupadi!"

"What was the king doin??!!!" Nakul and Sehdev raged.

Uruvi looked at Shakuni and whispered to him, "How did this happen!!!! How come my Arjun die?"

"It wasn't really expected my child." Shakuni said.

King Pandu and Vidhur shed silent tears and so did the twins.

"No, no, no!" Kunti fainted saying this.

_______________________________________

🙃What's going on happen now?
Hope you liked the chapter ❤️❤️❤️
Shower your love in Comments

Don't forget to
VOTE ❤️
COMMENT ❤️
SHARE❤️
Love you all 3000