Together

Hazel wasn't at all what I thought she would be. When Steve came back into the room with her hours after the incident with Dr. Aikens. I was so confused when she started to talk.

The girl looked to be three years old. She had the sweetest smile and the biggest brown eyes I had ever seen.

"Hi!" She smiled sweetly.

"Hello."

"I'm Hazel of Burnside."

"Burnside?"

"Yes, Dr. Aikens kidnapped me when I was very young." She informed, taking a seat next to Steve on her bed.

"How old are you?"

"32 years old."

That's impossible. No one could look that young at that age. Not 3 years old at least. Hazel looked at me worried, only for Steve to placate her.

"Don't worry, she has forgotten this dimension so you are taking longer to comprehend."

"I see..."

"Sorry."

"No need. What can I do for you?"

"I'm trying to figure out an aura."

"Oh?" She sat up a little straighter, her tiny hands resting on her chubby cheeks while she waited.

"Leo..."

Hazel smiled.

"Oh His is beautiful..."

"Could you tell me what color it is?"

Hazel nodded looking towards the door. She then looked back at me with a curious expression.

"What do you intend to do with him?" She asked curiously, once again eyeing the door. I quirked my eyebrow at her odd behavior. Steve got up and shut the door. This seemed to calm down Hazel.

"Sorry, Dr. Aikens is lingering."

Steve turned back towards the door, drawing a knife from somewhere in her belt loop. Hazel shifted nervously on the bed.

"You are safe here." I reassured her, not really believing my own words. She gave me a weary smile.

"You are as kind hearted as he says."

"Who?"

"Leo..."

"Oh..."

"Yea, he is very fond of you."

Steve cracked the door open, peeking down the hall. Hazel hopped off the bed, walking over to me and taking my hands in her small ones.

"Close your eyes."

Slowly I closed my eyes, a bit confused.

"Do you see him?"

I opened my eyes to see her shaking her head.

"Keep them closed. You must find him."

Closing my eyes once more, I searched my mind for Leo. The pitch black darkness slowly dissolved into a poorly lit hallway. Much like the one in Brindleshiar.

"Do you see him?" Her little voice called to me. I shook my head not sure if she could see me do that or not.

I looked into each room as I walked past them. Stopping only when I saw a honey gold color illuminating from Dr. Aiken's office. Was that Leo?

"Does it feel safe?" Hazel asked. I stared at the soft light that seemed so inviting at first glance, but as I stared at it the center was pulsing a putrid black color. Quickly I moved away from the door, rushing down the hall.