ⓧ 𝐎𝐍𝐄 // 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟

"Cause you were all I ever longed for"

The Wolf ~ Mumford & Sons

PRESENT DAY

Six Months Later...

Logan didn't wait for the typical, friendly come in, before barging into the Professor's study.

The Professor —who was in his usual spot, sitting behind his mahogany desk— was grading papers; never once flinching as Logan obnoxiously slammed the door.

"Good Morning! How are you, Logan?" the Professor asked, still focused on the papers.

"Fine... I guess." Logan huffed, shifting most of his weight on his right shoulder, leaning up against the wall.

Logan blinked a couple times, his wild eyes quickly adjusting to the warm, dim hue in the room; the only light coming from the small, desk lamp. Outside, it was still dark, and Logan could vaguely see the moon —which made him grit his teeth.

Just before Logan was abruptly summoned to meet with the Professor, he was in his room, sleeping. Dead to the world, just like Logan liked it. And there was nothing he hated more, than to be woken up... especially by someone else. Much less, having attend a meeting so early in the morning. On a weekend.

Okay... so... Logan hated a lot of things.

"Did you sleep well?" the Professor asked. "I know you're still a restless sleeper. But I believe, with just a little more time, we could fix that, and—"

"O-KAY, listen, Chuck," Logan spat, his eyes darting towards the grandfather clock. "It's five in the morning. Five. In. The. Morning. What... do ya want? Did someone die? Is there an emergency? Because there better be a really good reason why you woke me up at FIVE IN THE MORNING!"

The Professor was all about having his students focus on writing essays during the Language Arts class he occasionally taught. And if he didn't catch Logan up to speed in the next few minutes, this moment would go down in history, where Logan would turn in the longest essay —profanity riddled throughout— titled How To Not Piss Off The Wolverine; including a detailed section on how one must NEVER wake Logan up before eleven o'clock.

The Professor calmly looked up at Logan —despite his mental, essay threat— and let out a soft chuckle at the realization, that Logan's hair was completely disheveled and his eyes were slightly bloodshot.

He acts more like a wolf than a man, the Professor thought.

"No, Logan. No one has died, and there's no emergency. But please," he kindly gestured with his hand, "sit down. And would you like some Tea? A coffee, perhaps?"