Pal

Khushi: Rahul! She yelled exasperated. Please just say you are sorry.

Rahul: No! You have never scolded me before! In fact, Di you always save me from mums scolding. But not today. Today you have scolded me for this strange man! And I don't like it one bit. I don't like him at all.

She sighed, bending down to his level.

Khushi: Aise nai khete. Arnav Ji was nothing but nice to you and you was unnecessarily rude. Rahul. I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't have scolded you. I could have explained the same thing nicely. But-

He nodded enthusiastically.

Rahul: But I was rude. I know I was and I'm sorry Mr handsome. But I'm the only handsome in my Di's life do you get that?

Arnav smiled.

He thought he had competition cute. But ASR wasn't interested. She was definitely not his type although she wasn't that bad...

Khushi: I'm sorry.

Arnav: It's okay. So I take it you've been single for a while, I mean sorry. He blinked, astonished at his rudeness. But wasn't being rude his trademark?

Khushi: No it's okay. 6 months. I just recently got a divorce. 

Arnav: Oh.

Rahul: Mr handsome do you have a girlfriend?

Arnav stiffened.

Arnav: I think we should head home now.

Rahul: Right. What's up with him? He whispered loudly to his Di so Mr Handsome could hear him loud and clear.

Khushi: Rahul. Come on. Let's go. She said taking his hand in hers and hurrying after him.

She cursed her short legs. She was practically sprinting at this point.

...

The entire car journey was spent in deafening silence.

...

Raizada Mansion

Manorma: Hello. Hi. Bye. Bye. Kya suraj puncham se nikhle aya? Arnav bahu home early. What a surprise you give me?

Arnav: I'll go freshen up. He said.

Manorma: Hain. Hain. I'll tell someone to send your food to your room.

Arnav: No. That's fine. He said. I'll eat with everyone today. He says shocking her once again.

Manorma: Hello. Hi. Bye. Bye. Arnav bahu? Teek ho nah?

He rolled his eyes at her and went upstairs to change.

...

Sinah's House

Khushi and Rahul finally come home.

Anushka hugged them both.

Anushka: Thank you Khushi agar tum nai hote-

Khushi: Toh kuch nahi. Hamari Rahul ko kuch nahi hota. Rahul tell your mum that your are perfectly fine.

Rahul: Hain mum. I'm perfectly fine.

Anushka: Paka nah? She asked still worried. I was so worried for you.

Khushi: Are. Of course you was. But I promise Anushka that I will look after Rahul extra now okay? He's fine don't worry.

Rahul: Hey! I'm not a child. I don't need extra attention.

Both women rolled their eyes at the child in the room. Yes he was a child believe it or not.