Chapter 18: Transcendence

It was pure bliss

It was pure bliss.

Nothing could compare what Juvo was feeling right now.

His goal had been achieved, and he was racing forward towards his dream.

His ship was on a rapid ascent towards the centre of a galaxy.

He had been right. He had been right all along. There was a flaw in the system. And the Gods had let it be.

But no more.

He was coming to correct it.

And then become the single driving force- the overlord, of the Multiverse.

Ever since he dangerously evaded falling into a black hole he knew what his goal was going to be. The Gods had sent a warning, not to go inside. Saying, the 'verses were not compatible with beings transcending them. And if they were to, it meant total annihilation.

That. Was. A. Flaw.

And being Gods, they had to have removed it. These Gods were useless. Incapable of their position. Their power.

And this girl he had seen Darp speak about in the recording Mockie had sent him, only highlighted this flaw more. But it also proved that some 'verses were fine with beings entering them from elsewhere. It meant not all 'verses were like that.

He was ready to take his chances. Now, there was no stopping him. He had come to the point of no return. Through the front glass separating the deathly void from the cosy interior, Juvo could see the accretion disk of the black hole coming closer and closer.

This was it. Previously he had fleed to save his life, but this time, he was sure he had come to the right place.

For Faramon confirmed it. His knowledge was the key. The single thing that was necessary for this mission. How deliberately he had laid his steps over the past few months to reach this point. His every action was perfectly measured. All for attainment of this knowledge. The knowledge that would lead him to the Gods. And more. There was always more.

Those few minutes with the mind of Faramon were his golden moments for this mission. And now, he possessed all the information he required, to successfully transcend this universe, remove the flaw and dethrone the Gods.

A permanent smile had assumed on Juvo's thin lips. This was different from his Chelsea grin. This had warmth to it. A genuinity etched into it.

"Will the ship be fine?" he asked the driver bot.

"Perfectly fine, my Lord."

Supermassive black holes have a huge schwarzchild radius. Unlike stellar mass black holes, space-time has a gradual curve instead of an abrupt one which prevents spaghettification.

"We will make the intercept near to the poles so there's going to be a high energy cloud we need to pass through. We need to turn on the shield before hand." The driver bot alerted Juvo as it turned the shield on.

Gravitational lensing was in full force and the crew was getting almost dizzy seeing the outside. The black hole was distorting light immensely and it took up the entire front view of the ship.

"We will meet turbulence soon. Please take your seat and strap yourselves in," the driver bot warned.

A faint buzz manifested and materialised into a loud hum. "What's happening?" Juvo screamed from his throne.

"High energy particles are colliding with our shield. The AI is working hard to keep on with the trajectory. There's no way we would survive the gamma ray bursts at the poles."

This was worse than a nightmare. Juvo had never thought of what would happen when he set for the Gods. Going through a black hole was not even remotely in his foresight. However he knew what was going to happen if he survived and they safely entered the event horizon and made it inside.

These supermassive black holes portruded outwards from the space-time fabric of our universe due to their immense gravity. It was this phenomenon that sometimes resulted our world to meet another world. The space-time fabric indented a foreign 'verse. Due to our laws of physics, matter from our universe is not able to enter into other 'verses. But that didn't debarr other 'verses from doing so. As was explained by Sharlotte, matter from other 'verses did come out of white holes at the very edges of ours and they simply disintegrated their properties over the course of some hours.

But there was a twist.

Living beings can go from one 'verse to another without any hindrance from the physics of the respective 'verses. This is yet another flaw. Juvo had realised this at the same time he had used his Shokurat on the leader of The Council. Faramon had given him loads of useful information.

But would his ship be able to survive the journey? Without a ship he doubted if he could survive.

The turbulence was gone now. They were in total blackness.

The next few moments passed in complete silence. An eerie atmosphere built up inside the ship. Everything was so utterly still, they didn't feel they were moving.

"We are reaching the singularity."

Everyone was frozen to their core. They needed to evade it. Nothing survives the singularity.

They felt a sudden jolt to the left as the ship made a hard turn.

A frenzy of colours sizzled past them and all of a sudden they were in a space like nothing they had ever seen before. It was indescribable. Their brains seemed to explode just by beholding it.

"Seems like we made it," the driver bot began, happiness imitated in its tone. "We are out of our universe. We passed through our conventional space-time. I do not know how. But we are in hyperspace now. We are in a space controlled by both the Afterlife and the Multiverse."

"So we have arrived in Afterlife?" Juvo tried to process everything that had happened so quickly. He could barely keep track.

"Technically, I don't know the answer to that question, my lord. These higher dimensional properties are all but theoretical. They have never been explored in reality. I await further orders."

Juvo contemplated. All of this was driving him mad. "Close the windows." The sight was maddening him. The driver bot complied and shut off the windows and synced his optics with the ship's front cameras. Then he closed the glass window in the front.

He sighed. "We need to keep moving. Let's see if we find any planet for further help. We need to get to Drelery. That's the planet Faramon had mentioned."

"Affirmative, my Lord."

The ship started moving again and as it continued to propel itself Juvo doubted he had an easy win at this. He had thought all his problems would be over once he came to Afterlife. But apparently this was only the beginning. Conquest was not so easy when you had Gods to deal with... and a whole Multiverse to reign over.

He sat back in his throne and closed his eyes. Channeling his inner thoughts was the only wise thing to do. For he needed a plan. A plan to gain power to challenge the Gods themselves.