Chapter 4

Gabby's POV

💌

I left a very loud huff because I was so exhausted. Today was wild. The bar went crazy. I couldn't even sit or pee or eat. And I was hungry right now.

I looked at the clock and it was one in the morning. I thanked god tomorrow was Sunday and it was my day off so I could take some rest from this chaos schedule at work.

I knew I should manage the bar but it turned out that there were two people resigned on the day before I started the job and it made me back them up and we didn't have the new employees just yet.

Allie must had been sleeping. I knew I was a little bit strict to her. I told her to come home at eleven at night and actually I didn't know what time she was home.

I decided to check up on her. I opened the door and saw she was sleeping peacefully. I walked inside and sat on the edge of her bed. I tucked her hair behind her ear.

Oh god, she looked just like me. Her hair, her eyes, her nose, her lips and her ear. I couldn't believe she was already this big. The last time I could remember, she was still a smartass kid.

She was still the amazing kid
. Two more years she would be an adult and I couldn't see myself without her. I knew she'd get her own choice once she turned eighteen, but it felt like I couldn't lose her. She was with me all this time. We went through ups and downs together.

I remember when I rented my first apartment and Allie was still doing her hobby, learning something new. She was seven years old when we could stand on our own feet, a year after everything I wanted to forget so badly.

The first thing I did when I was out from that house was looking for a job. And I got a job as a cashier on a supermarket. Thankfully I met someone who helped me to have a decent home. We shared an apartment and she didn't mind that I had Allie. You could count on her, she was smart. She rarely cried.

After three years of being a cashier, I had an opportunity to be a waitress in an Italian restaurant. I got a lot of money in there and I moved to a better place. I was there for four years.

Then the last three years I tried my lucky roll to be a bartender even though I didn't have an experience before. I started as a waitress then the manager raised me as a bartender.

I worked my ass hard until I became a bar manager. I knew it wasn't a dream job, I knew a lot of people had better salary than I was but I was glad I could stand on my own until now.

I wasn't a bachelor nor PhD degree, I was just a high school diploma plus a single mother who went through a lot of shit as long as I could remember but I wouldn't stop and no one could stop me.

Allie stirred her body and now she was facing me. Her long eyelashes was cute, I smiled when I saw it. Then I kissed her a good night like I always did for sixteen years.

"Good night, my baby." Then I left her room.

*

I woke up pretty late, like really late. I looked at my phone and it was 3pm. I sighed, I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms. I could hear someone was in the kitchen and I could smell pancakes was being cooked.

Allie. I smiled at the thought. She used to cook for me on the weekend and she still did it until now. My baby girl was growing up. I washed my face and brushed my teeth, then I walked to the kitchen to find Allie who was busy in front of the stove.

"Good afternoon, baby." I yawned.

"Good afternoon, Mom." She smiled. "I made coffee."

"Thank you." I pour myself a cup of coffee and sat down on the kitchen island.