19 | shocking blues

"So, what you're saying is, he kissed you and ignored you for a whole week," Ava says and I nod my head

"So, what you're saying is, he kissed you and ignored you for a whole week," Ava says and I nod my head. He just ignored me in school.

"And, then, after a whole week, he gave you hickeys. There were a lot of them, girl, I saw them. Anyway, he gave you hickeys and went back to ignoring you again. Right?" Ava continues.

"What?! You saw them?" I flush.

"Of course, you didn't cover them well, Ven. The whole school saw them," Ava says smugly.

"Yeah, it's been two weeks and well, he's gone back to ignoring," I tell her, getting back on topic. Blake and Samantha are bickering over something, across the table and the crowded cafeteria effectively blocks our conversation.

"He is a jerk," Ava says after a while. I look at her pointedly before taking some fries and munching on them.

"What? I mean he thinks he can do the hell he wants to do to you and does not even care about your feelings. You, Venus, deserve better," she tells me.

"He was never my guy and I don't need a guy, Ava."

Well, I told her everything that had happened, leaving out the Jackson part and the fact I was going to Ace's home to learn painting every day after that day. I can't help but feel hurt by Ace's behaviour.

"How's it going with Noah?" Ava asks me just when my eyes find Noah next to our table, looking at me. He waves at me and I wave back before his friend tells him something and he looks away.

"Great. He's a good friend," I tell her.

"Woah, Ace is glaring at your 'good friend'," Ava says, her eyes wide but her tone super excited.

I look behind me and see Ace throwing daggers at Noah. Noah looks at his table nervously, knowing damn well that Ace was glaring at him.

"Yeah, they've always been like that," I say dryly.

"Ace is a weird guy," Ava tells and I nod along.

"Sexy, nonetheless," she adds and I feel an odd feeling settling on my chest when she says that. Am I.. jealous? Nope, can't be.

I am.

Ava looks and me knowingly and shakes her head.

When we start to leave for our next class, a hand holds my elbow. My heart beats fast but when I turn around, my face falls. I put a smile on my face anyway.

"Hey, Venus," Noah says with a boyish smile on his face. I mumble a small hi. I feel heated eyes on me and I am pretty sure who's looking at me.

"So... um, I was wondering if I could take you on a... date?" he says nervously. Cute.

Wait... a what?

"A date?" I squeak. He gives me a nervous smile, his eyes skipping to something behind me and then back at me.