CHAPTER XIV: NECTARS

A WEEK LATER

Sophie's Pov:

"Harder!"

"I can't. Please, I need to rest" I panted,

"Your enemy won't hold back, Sophie. Swing it Harder c'mon I was currently training with Andy. The sword wasn't that heavy but it wasn't light either. I swung it on my sides slowly stalking towards her. She was focused on my footsteps. I took that as an opportunity to swing it at her head but she took me off guard and bent forward sliding her leg behind my feet make me full on my back.

"Ouch" I just laid there listening to my ears ringing. She just chuckled at me. I wasn't so good at this but I was trying my best. She pulled me on my feet and kissed my cheek.

She was so sweet. I want her by my side for the rest of my life, living here somewhere with a beautiful view. I can imagine us having kids running around the house. I wonder how we're going to have children if we're both women. That made me think how her parents had her. How did the other women have kids?

"What are you thinking about?" she passed me a wood made cup of water. I mumbled a thank you and gulped all of it.

"I was wondering how your parents had you and your sister. You look exactly like Artemis so I don't think you're adopted"

"Ehm. Sex" she simply said. That's it? That's scientifically impossible. Not that anything made sense in this island but still. She saw how confused I look and she just laughed.

"You see. There's a fountain in the centre of the village. Before The Andinos took the island there was a huge status of Sappho in the middle of that fountain, it's demolished now. But the water was blessed by the goddess for women to be able to bear their own children" By now my jaw has dropped to the ground and I'm sure I felt something go in and out while it was open. This was so fascinating and amazing.

"You drink the water and pray the goddess for blessing and when you and your lover make love your nectars merge together. The dominant nectar would inject itself inside the submissive one and the carrier would get pregnant. Then the couple would have their own little girl" Her face suddenly held sadness.

"After the status was destroyed we were forbidden from going there. Whoever was found near the fountain was executed by Philip's men" I grabbed her hand to reassure her. I was by her side and I'm ready to help.

"We'll build it again. I mean have you seen Samara?" I joked trying to lighten the mood. Looking towards Sam to see her carrying a tree lobe on her shoulder like it was nothing. She laughed and squeezed my hand.

"C'mon love, get up. We go one more time"

"UGH" I just lied on the grass and pretended I was sleeping, I made a little snorting sound that made Andy chuckle.

"Hello lovebirds! Sophie what the fuck are you doing on the floor? Why is she snorting? Hey are you sleeping?" I felt a foot pushing my side probably checking if I was dead.

"Hello Maria. No she's not sleeping. She's just embarrassed I kicked her ass" I quickly sat up and glared at Andy.

"You did not!" I pouted.

"Artemis is holding a meeting in 5 minutes. That woman is a Goddess Jesus Christ I'd let her ruin me. Any day" what happened to her and Bea?

"Oh don't worry about Beatrice. We both sit in front of Artemis making lovey dovey eyes waiting for her to make us her little slaves" I had a disgusted face and I heard Andy gag.

"Okay. I don't need to hear you fantasize about my mother" Maria just laughed and we all walked to the open field.

Artemis was wearing her tight leather armour explaining something to Beatrice. While Bea's short ass was gawking at the older woman's boobs.

"See"

"Hey Arty!" we could hear the flirtatious tone Maria had. She waved her hand .Artemis having enough of both of them just sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Don't call me that."

"Yes Mistress"

"Don't call me that either"

Bea walked over to us and slapped Maria's ass then gave her a kiss. They are so weird but oh well what's important is that they're in love and happy with each other.

"Line up with the others. I have something important to say" we walked next to the other women. The archers put their bows and arrows down. The mounted cavalry jump off their horses. The heavy armed warriors leaned on their big guns to listen.

"The war is nearer every day! But we are ready for it! We will have our victory. WE will get our honour back. WE will get our island back. And WE will have our power back. No woman will ever take disrespect from a man ever again. You are the future of this island. Have faith in yourselves and the goddess will be by your side" Everyone started cheering.

We are ready to take what's ours