thirteen

We kissed and kissed and held on to each other for as long as we could before the need for air became stronger. We pulled apart, my eyes still closed while it felt like my entire body still shook, slightly.

Nate nudged my nose with his and I blinked open my eyes when I felt him press a small kiss to my nose. This close and I could see his brown eyes, they were so light it made my breath hitch. He reached up and cupped my face, peppering it with kisses. Making me giggle.

I had forgotten we were still in the doorway until I heard the a loud slam coming from one of the neighbours. I slipped my hand in his and led him into the house, closing the door behind us.

"Um... this is my home." I said, trying my best not to be too awkward. "Would you like a tour?" I asked and Nate nodded. I led him around the house, showing him the two rooms, the guest bathroom and my favourite part of the house, the kitchen.

"I used to wonder what your kitchen looked like." Nate said as we walked back to the sitting room, settling onto the long couch. I sat beside him, trying to keep enough space between us but Nate, Nate wasn't having it. He tugs on my jumper, pulling me closer until we were pressed up close, my head on his shoulder.

"My kitchen?"

"It was like you were always there. You'd send me pictures of what you're making or dished food." Nate said and I chuckled. I didn't know I was doing that. It was where Jaden, Key, Arlen and I hung out in. Well, besides the sitting room.

"So you wanted to hang out with me in my kitchen or you wanted to eat my food. Which is it?" I asked, teasing him. I looked up from his shoulder so I could see his expression.

"Your food always looked yummy. So it's a mixture of both, to be honest with you." Nate said and I laughed again. Oh my goodness, he was adorable. Handsome, smart, talented and also adorable. A quadruple threat. Actually he was more than that but if I got into it, it would take an entire week.

"I can make something for lunch, if you want."

"I don't want to bother you. I was thinking I would take you out." Nate said I shook my head at him.

"You took me on the best first date ever. Let me make us lunch, we can count this as our second." I said, my cheeks heating up. I wanted to make something nice and not to heavy. I wondered what we had left in the kitchen, it's been a while since I went shopping for groceries. Jaden was supposed to do it this week.

We stayed on the couch and watched two episodes of Hunters but if anyone asked me for a summary of what happened in those two episode's, I wouldn't be able to say. We talked for a bit, kissed for more and it felt like we spent majority of the time just looking at each other. I.. I don't think I have ever done something like this ever, just sat with someone and enjoyed their company. I don't think I've ever liked someone this much. Nate... makes me feel a lot of things. A lot of different feelings.

The one thing he does make me feel, a hundred percent of the time was, happy.

He made me so happy.

"What are you thinking about, angel?" Nate asked, his voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You."

"That's what I find myself doing a lot these days." Nate said and I looked up at him.

"What?"

"I think about you a lot." He replied. "I almost..."

"You almost what?"

"I almost painted you... after our first meeting. I'd pick up a brush and use a couple of blues and yellow, some pink and there you were. I never finished any though." Nate said and I... what could I say to that? He had sounded so sincere and also unsure. I looked down at his hands and back at his face. Earnest.