Childhood Friends

Prompt: Bad and Skeppy are childhood friends, Bad moved out of the neighborhood at age 12. But when the house nextdoor to Skeppy is sold things get a little crazy.

1000+ words

Kind of angst but mostly fluff

---

Pov: Skeppy and Bad are 9 and this is how they met (just added this in incase you're confused)

Skeppy sat at the bench next to the bathrooms, the other kids play on the playground as he watches. "Hi! Skeppy is what people call you, right?" A kid says to him. He looks up and sees Bad, the smart kid in the classroom besides his. "Er- uhm, I mean yes, that's me," Bad smiles and sits next to him on the bench, reaching his arm out to give him a piece of his gummy bears. "Here, I'm not that hungry anyways, wanna share?" Bad says to him, "You sure?" Skeppy responds, "Yeah, you're my friend after all,"

"Friend?"

Bad looks in his eyes, "Yeah! I kinda just consider everyone my friend, but you seem nice so maybe we can be best friends!" Skeppy blushed and looked down, "O-okay, I guess," He took the gummy bear and ate it, "thanks, you're really nice, Bad" "No problem!" He leaned in, "Wanna come over this Friday after school?" Skeppy looked up at him, "Are other kids gonna be there?" "N-not really, nobody ever really talks to me so It's almost impossible to invite anyone, but I'm sure they are all just busy!" Skeppy's eyes widen, he's just like me, "Uhm, sure, I'll have to ask my mom though," Bad got up and squealed, "I can't wait! See you later Skeppy!"

Skeppy watched Bad walk away, he hasn't smiled in a while, but this was probably the biggest smile he'd ever done.

---

Two years passed, Bad had to move away due to his parent's jobs. Skeppy was devastated, but he had to move on. Not going to lie, Skeppy formed a little crush on Bad, he was young but he couldn't help it. His life was going downhill after, his Mom died and his Dad was trying his best to support his family. Luckily his Dad was still nice to him (unlike those mean fanfics that make every parent abusive ಠ_ಠ) and cared for him very much, but didn't care for himself very much. His dad often spent his time in his room alone, so Skeppy had to learn how to cook, clean, and other duties his dad wouldn't do. Years flew, and now he's a teenager.

---

He opened the garage door, it was getting crowded in there so he decided to clean it, he noticed a large truck outside the house beside his, he went out to go look and saw people holding boxes and going inside. A boy emerged from the door, looked around his age. Skeppy squinted his eyes, focusing on the pale boy. He had short brown hair, green eyes, and was wearing a black hoodie with sweat pants. He continued to stare, the boy smiled to him and waved. Skeppy waved back and immediately jumped back into the garage, he felt like he knew the boy but he couldn't put his finger on it. He tried to ignore it and began cleaning the garage.

Two hours passed and he finally finished. He didn't even notice it was dark out. He wasn't tired yet and saw the new neighbor's lights on so Skeppy decided to find out who the boy was.

He walked towards the house, the truck was gone, and the lights were still on. He knocked at the door and after some shuffling around the door opened, "hello?" The boy said, they stared in eachothers eyes before the boy broke it, "u-uhm, what do you want?" Skeppy blinked, "oh, I'm your neighbor, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself!"

Skeppy began to take a step back, "wait! Wanna come inside? I just made some tea if you like that type of thing," Skeppy nodded and the boy lead him inside to the kitchen, "So what's your name?" The boy said to him as he poured the tea into a mug, "Skeppy how about you-" the boy dropped the mug onto the floor, glass shattered everywhere as he turned around, "Skeppy!? You still live here?" "H-huh?"

The boy gasped, "it's me! Bad! We were childhood friends!" "Bad..?" "Yes!" Skeppy walked up to him, and without thinking he hugged Bad, "I missed you,"

They were both in shock, "m-me too, Skeppy," Bad said pushing him off, "Oh! Why'd you move back here?" "I- Uhm, personal reasons and thought I'd just come back here," Bad responded, they both stood there without saying anything.

"Oh- we should clean the glass up," Bad giggled, Skeppy smiled and grabbed a towel to help him clean it up, "Did you know that I had a crush on you when we were little?" Skeppy's words came out of his mouth, he quickly covered his mouth, "y-you what?" Bad froze and looked at him. "I- sorry, that just came out of my mouth for no reason, I don't know why I said that, I guess I just always wanted to tell you ever since you left," Bad looked back down and didn't say anything, "you okay? Sorry if I startled you, or if you aren't really- you know," Skeppy said to him, "oh! No, it's okay, I just didn't know you felt the same when we were kids," "you did?" "Yeah, kinda funny to think about," they both laughed, "I didn't even realize, I didn't even know you liked boys," "yeah," they both continued cleaning and stopped talking.

After catching up and drinking tea it was getting late, "Anyways, it's really nice to see you again Skeppy," Bad said to him. "Yeah, you too," Skeppy walked out the door, "well- bye!"

"Skeppy," bad said to him as he looked down, "yeah?" Before he knew it Bad pulled him in for a kiss, after twenty seconds, they let go. "S-sorry," Bad stepped back, "it's okay! No worries!" Skeppy blushed, "Uhm, see you later?" "See you later, Skeppy," Bad said as he closed the door. Skeppy smiled and walked off towards his house.