18 ↬ 𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐰

˗'ˏ chapter 18 ˎˊ˗

˗'ˏ chapter 18 ˎˊ˗

════════════════

"𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝗧𝗢𝗨𝗖𝗛!"

It's been awhile since the girl transferred to Karasuno and joined the volleyball team.

"Give me the ball..!"

Her and the team has gotten close with each other. Each of them developing bonds, platonically..

"Follow!"

And of course, romantically.

Slam!

The Karasuno volleyball team's intense match just ended, both teams panting and sweaty from the full match. 

"One more time! " two idiots shouted. The team rolled their eyes, already used to the two stamina monsters. "Yeah, one more time!" another voice said, shocking them. 

"Y-Y/N-san you're not tired yet?" Yamaguchi panted. "Hm? Why would I be?" she cocked her head, confused. They sweat dropped.

"Looks like we have another stamina monster in our midst." Sugawara chuckled. "Get some rest everyone! Those on cleaning duty, make sure to clean the gym after." the captain ordered. 

"Hai! "

➽───────────────❥

As the others were changing they were surprised when those assigned to clean entered. "Tanaka, Nishinoya, if you're skipping cleaning duty at least don't let me see you." Daichi glared. 

"C-Captain! We weren't skipping! The three said they wanted to say behind so we left it to them." Tanaka explained. "Again? I can tell that my body will be sore tomorrow. It's a wonder how they can do that everyday." Ennoshita muttered while yawning.

"They really are something." 

When they went out of the club room Tanaka and Noya stopped, seemingly petrified. "It's there again, Ryu. It's not a coincidence anymore." the smaller boy shuddered in fear. 

Tanaka hid behind them, legs shaking. "W-What does it want?!" he screamed. A tick mark appeared on their captain's forehead. "Quiet down!" he growled. The two simply shushed him. Just as their captain was about to blow off on them, they explained.

"Haven't you guys noticed that thing over there?" he pointed. They looked at the direction he was pointing and sure enough, there was a black crow perched on the window. It was looking inside the gym, body not moving, seemingly frozen.

"It's a bird. A bird is something with wings and they usually fly." Tsukishima sneered. "You cocky little- We know what it is! But that one-" they glanced at the crow and lowered their voice.

"That one is always there everyday. Sitting at the same spot, not moving, everyday." 

They laughed. "Oi quit it! We're not making it up." they defended. They were teasing the two, until Asahi spoke up.

"Actually I noticed it too." he interjected. Everyone glanced at him. "Seriously?!"

➽───────────────❥

Ever since the day the three mentioned about the bird, they started to notice that what they said was true. And now it scares the shit out of them. 

Majority of them couldn't concentrate in practice, feeling the bird's beady black eyes on them. Now Hinata, Kageyama, and Y/N were confused so they decided to ask.

"Ne, ne. Are you guys okay? You guys don't seem like yourselves." Hinata asked, genuinely worried. "What do you mean?"

"What he meant was, you guys are playing like shit lately." the girl muttered, making the black haired setter chuckle. They glared at them. 

"It's a valid reason!" Nishinoya whined, slightly hurt that his dear kouhai would think of him like that. "I was just joking Noya-senpai. You're awesome as usual." she smiled. 

"What about me?!"

"You too, Tanaka-senpai." 

She laughed as the two squealed in happiness. "Seriously, what happened?" she asked them again. "Well..you see.." 

CAW!! CAW!! 

Their eyes widened. It was the first time they saw it move. "IT CAME IN. IT CAME IN!!" They were screaming in fear. "What..?" The three were confused. Weren't they overreacting a little?

"That crow! It's coming for us!" 

"Quick, Y/N! Hide behind me!"

"W-What is it doing here?" Suga shakily questioned. When the bird flew closer and swopped down, everyone tensed. But surprise overcame their features when it landed on the H/C-nette's shoulder. In its beak was an envelope and the crow was rubbing its head against the girl's cheek.

"Yuka. You did a good job. Arigatou." the slayer gently caressed the bird's head as she took the letter from it. The orange haired first year came closer and beamed at the bird. "Yuka! I brought you some seeds to eat!" he exclaimed.

The crow, Yuka, fluttered its wings and landed on Hinata's head, eating the seeds from his hands on that spot. Now it was the team's turn to be confused. "Yuka..?"

"Yeah! He waits for Y/N-chan to finish practice with us everyday!" he exclaimed. The team visibly relaxed. So it wasn't a freak bird after all. 

"Is that your pet, Y/N?" the freckled boy asked. Yuka was not pleased. He cawed at the pinch sever angrily. "He doesn't like being called a pet." she chuckled. 

"Oh so it is your pet." Noya stated, making Yuka caw at him as well. Then the team was horrified when it spoke.

"Not a pet, not a pet! I am her bird and friend! Not a pet! " She facepalmed. "You idiot ! I told you not to speak when others are around!" the girl scolded the bird.

"He called me a pet and you didn't defend me! "

"It was payback for letting another bird shit on me you dumbass! "

What they were witnessing was a strange sight. A human and a bird...arguing. "I'll expose your crush on Rengoku-san! " "You wouldn't dare." 

The two dragged on the whole afternoon and they just let them be. After their long banter, they asked just how a bird can talk. She only answered with 'Oh, someone trained him.'

You'd think they'd react more but the shock made them go numb so they simply accepted the fact that their teammate has a talking crow. 

It can't get weirder than that right? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n

i promised to make another one since the previous one was shit but now you guys have 𝓭𝓸𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓽𝓼.

also please PLEASE call me out whenever Y/N seems out of character. anddd imma make the ships sail soon.

naw wait i have a request. comment here what u think Y/N's personality is like based on the prev. chapts.. imma really appreciate it!!