Chapter 19 ◌ Le debolezze della gente

DAMIANO

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

DAMIANO

Italy, 2021

Their faces flash in front of mine: Victoria's tears, Ethan's severity, and Thomas' anger. I hit my head and everything goes black, my vision wasn't the faces of my friends but the headlights of the approaching traffic. I want to open my eyes to see what happened, I want to open my mouth to scream for help but my eyes and lips stay sealed. I only see stars twinkling in a dark surface through the skin of my eyelids. 

A shrill sound of sirens comes closer. I feel hands all over me and I hear voices yet I can't understand what they're saying. I try to wake up again but unfortunately, my efforts turn into dust, I'm just laying here on the hard ground, swallowed in my thoughts. Through all the noise I hear Vic's high-pitched voice, I hear Thomas singing, and I hear Ethan's rare laugh. I want to wake up, laugh with them, say that I'm sorry. But a whisper in my ear tells me they're not really here with me. The whisper caresses my ears and warms my heart. I recognize this sweet voice. She tells me there's more pain and weakness in reality than in this feverish dream. She's singing a soft lullaby, I should stay asleep with her. I forget about the strong hands dragging me on a stretcher and stabilizing my head with a neck collar, the plastic cuts in my skin. 

The whisper soothes me, I feel my heartbeat slowing down and my senses fading away. "Torna a casa, Dami" is the last thing I hear.

When I open my eyes, I get blinded by the bright lights around me. I try to sit up but the tangle of tubes and wires keeps me down. My head is spinning, what the fuck happened? I open my mouth but only some muttering comes out because my tongue is so dry, I taste iron. I feel completely disorientated and a wave of panic compresses my other thoughts. 

Where am I? Where are my friends? How long have I been asleep? Why is nobody listening?

Warm tears make my skin soggy, I feel so alone and I don't understand how I ended up here. I can't even remember what happened today, and yesterday and the days before seem so far away as well. I press the red button hanging above me and one minute later a nurse rushes into my room. "Dio mio, io ti conosco!" she exclaims, her voice hurts my head. "Damiano David!" 

I let her words slowly in to process them, so I can verify it's the truth. 

", bu-, but, can you tell me what happened..." I softly say and I look into her eyes, she looks like she's going to faint. "Per favore? " I gently ask.

She shakes her head. "I shall call the doctor to say you've finally woken up, he'll tell you the details," she squeaks happily. I try with all my power to put a smile on my lips and I nod pleased. She runs away and looks back one more time to see that it's really me. But at this moment I am just a fragile guy laying in a bed without knowing what happened, I don't feel like the beastly, praised man I am on stage or with my fans, they always think I am some kind of god but this is the proof I definitely am mortal. And I must look like shit right now.

𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐚 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐚 - Måneskinजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें