Introduction to the Land of the Dead

Axis - a collective term for the immortal beings in charge of maintaining the afterlife.

Damnation - a term designated to the Underworld's domain of punishment; the place where sinners go to burn for eternity.

Death Matter - the energy all Axes live from; this is their essence.

Duthri - the name of both the dish and the animal it is from; this is an egg fetched from shadowed nests and exposed to slight heat to awaken flavor but not to cook entirely.

Garden of Eden - another name for Paradise; where those who did more good than evil go.

Irkalla - a far-off afterlife domain controlled by the Axes known as Aralli.

Jobora - a dragon-headed mythological entity in the Land of the Living, particularly in the occult underground; popular symbol of power and protection to the witches.

Kathari - a collective term to the Axes ruling the Underworld.

Krauss - a city in the Land of the Living.

Kraussi - the language spoken in the city of Krauss.

Life Matter - the essence of the living; stems from the magic that a fraction of the population has, making them witches.

Lohori buds - a species of flower known for its use in temples and other occult practices in Krauss.

Madaura - a far-off afterlife domain known for its weak constitution, earning a bad reputation among the other domains.

Mordelle of Caltona - the Primordial Witch; a near-folkloric figure that nearly conquered the whole Land of the Living before perishing because of old age.

Purgatory - a term designated for the place where people who show promise of change and being a good soul go for reform.

Rjonse Runes - an ancient Kraussi script used by witches to imbue magical spells onto surfaces.

Sakonskora - a species of flower known as bone lilies; it is highly toxic when stepped on.

Smokewood - a species of tree whose branches are known materials used for making temple and occult incense.

Solstice Conclave - the official meeting called by the Underworld's Monarch to delegate control over the realms, including choosing their replacement.

Spider spike - a species of flower known for its high toxicity and efficacy.

Underworld - an afterlife domain controlled by the Kathari.

Xia beetroots - a species of root crop known for their yellow bulbs and a nasty, bitter taste when fermented; usually served with cheap wine.