~Thirty-Three~

January 19th, Wednesday

Alyssa's P.O.V

Paige and Maia had become even more attached at the hip since Saturday... which no one really complained about, I think Maia honestly loved it, especially with her headspace being at an all time low with what happened. It broke my heart to see the cheery girl become quiet at home, she still held up a front outside but I could tell her own mind was getting to her.

I hiss as I place too much pressure on my hands while adjusting my sitting position, making a small noise and looking at my bruised and bandaged hands before frowning and putting them in my hoodie pockets.

"Lyz?" Maia speaks, her camera dropping to her chest and turning around to look at me. "What happened?"

"Hands are sore." I say simply, the bandages around my knuckles feeling too tight at the same time with the slight pain in my knuckles. Maia steps away from her spot taking pictures of the basketball practice to come over to me on the bleachers, motioning for me to take my hands out of my pockets. I do so, watching as the shorter girl looks them over gently.

"Well you aren't bleeding again so that's good. You know you need to be more careful with how they are right now..."

"Yes ma'am." I joke towards my best friend, even with everything going on she was still trying to take care of me. Even still she was like a big sister to me.

Maia hums with a soft smile, going back to start taking pictures again, letting me put my hands back in my pockets as I lean back on the seats behind me, crossing my legs and watching my girlfriend take a shot for a three which she makes easily. I smile and cheer.

"Alright Nika!" I laugh, the team knew we were together by now, even Geno did and they were all more than supportive, with Paige and Maia as well although the two had to be a bit more professional with Maia being a photographer.

There had also been a few posts about the twos relationship starting to focus, especially when photos of them exiting the hospital together had surfaced, I had to stay a bit longer to see if my stitches were situated right so pictures of Nika and I weren't taken, Paige and Maia were a different story though. My situation was also a bit different slightly, I had begun to get tagged in videos of me fighting Jaime, which my teammates and I worked quickly to report and get deleted. Maia, Paige and Nika had yet to see it, nor our coaches, not that I would get in trouble, it was a defensive move, but the amount of drama and scandal it could bring to Uconn was enough trouble in itself.

Nika glances up at me as she's jogging up court, the girl winking and crossing her fingers, a symbol we had made for being there for another that we would use during games or practices to show that we were thinking about or acknowledging the other. A grin grows on my face and I wink back from the bench, not pulling my hands out of my pocket because of the pain in them but still finding a way to return the small gesture of affection.

My foot taps on the floor of the bench as I continue watching the game, yawning lightly as I close my eyes, starting to rest.

I must have been more tired that I thought because the next thing I know I'm being shaken awake gently, brunette hair cascading over me when I open my eyes.

"Hi ljubav." Nika's voice brings a smile to my face, my tired eyes blinking a few times to bring to focus the features of the face leaning over me.

"Hi baby." I respond happily, smiling even more when Nika leans down to kiss me softly.

"Practice is over, time to get up." My girlfriend laughs when I huff, moving to get up when I stand as well, she links her arm through my own since my hands were a bit sensitive.