Chapter 44: Silver is the Key

"Scott, Scott look at me." I plead. "Scott, look at me! You have to remember. We called Argent first, ok? Say it." I instruct.

"I-I called him..." Scott breathes out, still in shock over...

"Not him. Say Mr. Argent or her father." I tell him forcefully.

"I called her dad first." Scott repeats.

"What else?" I prompt. "What happened?"

"There were two of them." Scott manages to say. "They tried to steal our car. They wore masks. One of them had a knife."

"You think." I correct him. "You can't get specific. We saw something sharp and metallic. You think it was a knife." Scott nods. "What do you say next?" He stays silent, looking out at the old interment camp. "If you get confused, what do you always repeat?"

"It happened so fast." Scott pants. 

"That's right. Say it again. Scott! Say it again!" I order. 

"How are you doing this?" He whimpers, looking into my eyes. I notice how broken he looks and I can't imagine I look much better. 

"It's what we do." I say after a moment. "It's what we have to do."

"Can you remember anything else?" Deputy Parrish asks me.

"N-no. It... It happened so fast." My voice cracks and the sheriff wraps one arm around me comfortingly. I whisper, "It happened too fast." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get home and sink into my bed silently. I hear someone open the window, but I don't look up. The bed sinks next to me and someone pulls me into their chest. 

"Allison's dead." I whisper.

"I know." Aiden responds.

"Because she went to find me."

"Hey, this isn't your fault." He says softly.

"Aiden, I'm not worth it." I say. "She shouldn't have went there."

"But she did, because she believed in you. Out of everyone, you will be the one to save us." Aiden admits. 

"C-Can you stay with me?" I breathe out. Aiden nods as I get under the covers.

"I know that this won't help, but tomorrow it'll get better. We'll be able to find another way to get rid of the Nogitsune." Aidan tell me.

"I hope..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby and I stand outside of Chris' apartment. I hesitantly knock and drop my hand. He opens the door and I straighten up. "We're here to help." I say. He opens the door wider and we walk in. Isaac is waiting in the study and we crowd around the table. 

"Kira said she killed one." I state. "That means she had the means to do it. What did she do before she..." I pause. "Before she went to find me?"

"She was making arrowheads." Chris responds. "It's a tradition in my family that when you turn 18, you make silver bullets to go with our name. She made arrowheads."

"Before she... Before she died she kept asking Scott and I to tell you something." I admit. "She didn't tell us what, though."

"What if..." Bobby starts. "Where are the arrowheads?"