Chapter 21: A Touch Of Truth & Blue

There's no crying wolves now'Cause the truth has settled inHiding under goose downFor your nightmare to begin

'Cause the truth has settled in
Hiding under goose down
For your nightmare to begin

Caden paced left and right in my room as I rested on my bed.

Mom and dad insisted I skipped school today and they went to work. When Caden knew I was home alone, he skipped school too and came over here without thinking twice.

"So you're saying that you saw a man near Blues' jeep. But the man was faceless." He said as he still paced left and right almost giving me a headache. I nodded "Yes, I'm exactly saying that. Exactly what I said the other twelve times." And now I was annoyed "WOULD YOU SIT DOWN PLEASE! You're making me dizzy." He sat on the couch "Do you recognize the man?" I rolled my eyes "Caden, for the sixth time, no, I do not recognize the man at all. If I did, I would've told you, okay?"

I sighed "I just remember having no control over the jeep. I remember my bleeding forehead and the back of my head hurt too. I think it was bleeding or something." I rubbed my eyes because I was really tired and Caden said "Wait, back of your head bleeding?"

"Yeah. I could be wrong though."

His brows furrowed "Why would you be wrong? You got most of the details right. Bleeding forehead is how Blue died. Blue was brain dead first. That's what the doctor told us. But he never said anything about the back of the head." I asked, "Do you think we could get her case file from the Sheriff?" He shook his head "Can't. I tried that already. But I did make a copy."

I did a double-take at him as he looked at me with a guilty expression "You made a copy?" He sighed hard and stood up "Well... after we buried her, I went to the sheriff because he offered to talk to me whenever I needed him and he kinda went to work or something. I saw her case file right on his desk and I couldn't help but read it, copy it, and took it." I smiled at him because I felt like we were getting closer "Do you still got it?"

"It's in my room."

I got out of bed "What the fuck are we doing here? Let's go!" I grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes. I walked out of the door and I realized that he didn't follow me. Looking back at him "What? Come on!" He rolled his eyes and we walked down the stairs.

X

Reaching his house, we went inside his room and I saw him go to his bed. He put his arm down behind the headboard and pulled out a file.

That is some spy shit right there.

He took the papers out and kept it all scattered across his study table with marvel bobbleheads. It had everything. Her pictures, details on how she died, everything. He passed me the picture of her when I think they took her out from the smashed car and on the road. I analyzed it for long. He exclaimed "Of course! Why did I notice that before?" He pointed at the picture I was holding "Look at her hair." He grabbed his phone and clicked a picture of the picture and zoomed in to where he was pointing "Look at her hair. We know that she was bleeding from the forehead but the hair strand in the back of her head is red. It shouldn't be red at all. Dirty, yes. Red, no." I suggested, "We should take this to Stone right now." He smacked me on the back of my head earning a grunt of pain from me.