Chapter 47: Exposed

I'm gonna make you understand this painTime keeps slipping, hours turn to days

Time keeps slipping, hours turn to days

SAGE POV

I looked at dad "You killed her." I strode to him "You killed her without knowing her name!"

He took cautious steps towards me "Sage, calm down." But I screamed and grabbed him by his pathetic blue robe and pinned him against the wall. I shivered with rage but I kept looking at him. He was scared of me and it makes me feel good. Because he should be. He screamed for mom "Nova, help me!" Mom tried pushing me away from him but I was stronger like this. Stronger than him. I said with gritted teeth "You killed her. You helped! You lied to us. Lied to your brother. You have ruined lives, father, for your selfish reasons." Mom kept crying "Sage, let him go! Please let him go!" But I ignore her. I was mostly focused on the man who ruined all our lives, moms included. He kept us in the dark. Kept his true form hidden under a pair of stupid glasses and sweaters. And all these years, I thought of him as my role model. A person I wanted to be all my life.

But I never wanted to be a murderer.

Crescent kept crying with her hand clasped to her mouth while I stare at him as he tried to thrash, trying to break free. I hear mom scream as I feel a hand on my shoulder. A touch that I wished deep down was real. I looked behind me at Blue and she looked at me with a soft smile. She said, "Let him go, Sage." I shook my head and looked back at him as he stared at her with wide eyes, his skin going pale. I smile "What's wrong, father? You look like you've seen a ghost. Or maybe you're sleepwalking as you've always told me." He struggled to speak "S-sage, g-get her a-away f-from m-me."

"Who, father? Who are you talking about? The girl you've killed? You talking about her?"

I heard her say behind me "Hello, little brother. Missed me?" I gasped and slowly let my father go. Turning around and I noticed that this wasn't Blue at all. I whispered "Uncle Gabriel?" She smiles and said "I'm alive. Open the front door and let him in." I look at Crescent as she walks to the door and struggles to open it but eventually does. He smiles "So what did I miss?"

Caden stands there with a bruised face and a sarcastic spirit. He looks at me and his smile disappears. My face.

Dad still stuttered "W-who a-are you?" Blue replies "I'm a little disappointed in you, little brother. Forgot me already? Why wouldn't you when you've locked me in a cage for all my life!" He shook his head in denial "It can't be. You're dead. Brian killed you."

"Oh, I'm very much alive, Tony. Very much alive."

His voice changed and I saw uncle Gabriel barely walk inside with help from Ryan. He had a broken leg and bruises all over his face. Blood clotted on the side of his head, staining on his silver hair. Crescent gasped and ran to him, wrapping his arm around her neck, helping Ryan keep Gabriel balanced.