~12~

"I love you, Jummy. I do."

"I love you, Jummy. I do"

"I love.....

"Shit!" Jumoke blurted out as she quickly stood up and ran towards the kitchen to get a napkin.

The sudden confession, Joel made some days ago has been stuck in her head and she was so confused on what exactly to do.

She rushed back to the living room and shoved the papers towards one side of the table as she dabbed the napkin on the coffee which had already started dripping on the floor.

She hurriedly wiped the coffee off the table and crawled back unto the couch, burying her face into the soft blanket on the couch.

It was the same blanket Joel used when he was passed out drunk on her couch.

She heard a buzz in her phone and she stretched to peek at who it was.

She knew who it was.

The name Joel popped up as the phone started vibrating again.

Immediately she saw his name appear, she stuffed her face back into the blanket, as her mind continued to echo the words that Joel had confessed.

She was confused as hell.

“He was drunk! He was just drunk!” She repeated to herself as she inhaled, and decided to pick up her phone and stop being a baby.

She convinced herself that he must have forgotten about it or it was just an after drunk effect.

Or.... Something something, he wasn't in his right mind.

She picked up her phone and was relieved when it stopped ringing before she could accept the call.

“Okay. Wheeew!” She muttered to herself as her mind echoed those words again.

Deep down, she could see the honesty in his eyes when he had confessed.

It was unbelievable and she was definitely taken aback but she wished he had been drunk.

She didn't know what to possibly say to him.

She knew she had feelings for him but she wasn't sure if it was still love.

She loved him when they were young but the moment he had rejected her in high school slapped reality across her face.

By feelings, she believed they were still effects that he had on her due to her old love for him.

She decided to place the phone back down but before she could drop it down, it rang again.

It was him. Joel!!

Her heart accelerated as her hands shakily hovered over the accept button.

Act natural,Jumoke.

She told herself as she answered the call, pressing her phone unto her ear.

“Hey Joel” She said acting like she wasn't going crazy.

“Open up” She heard his deep voice as the call came to an end.

“Open up?!” She asked herself trying to understand what he meant and when she did, her eyes widened in realisation.

Darn ittttt!!

He freaking came here.

Her heart started pounding as she suddenly felt nervous as hell.

Why was he here?!

It would have been easier to just talk on phone.

She tightened her hand into a fist nervously as she got up, pulling down her hoodie and accessing her bumb short.