✧Chapter 8 - Thalia Dumps Beck (Pt. 1)

~Thalia's P.O.V~

Beck and I are currently sitting at the Asphalt Café, opposite of each other

Beck and I are currently sitting at the Asphalt Café, opposite of each other. I am doing my homework for my Museum Studies class and he is reading a book. Writing down my next answer, I hear Beck's phone ping again, and I look up to see him smiling at the text, this has been going on for an entire day and I have no idea who it is or what's going on.

"Who are you texting?" I ask him nonchalantly, hiding my worry by flipping through the pages of my book.

"Huh? Oh, no one in particular." He answers me, not looking up from his phone and I raise an eyebrow suspiciously at him. Before I can ask him again, André comes over to us, taking a seat between Beck and I.

"Hey, Beck, Lia." He greets us happily.

"Hey." I smile at him, trying to shake off my anxious mood.

"Hey, André." Beck puts his book and phone down, turning to look at him.

"Want a bottle of water?" He asks me randomly and I shake my head, "Well, then congrats, you got a free bottle of water." André places down a water bottle on the table, in front of Beck. We look at the bottle and then at him, asking for an explanation. "Oh, I put a dollar in the machine and two came out." He shrugs.

"Huh." I chuckle.

"Ah, thanks," Beck grabs the bottle and reads the label, "but I don't drink water from mountain streams." He says, putting the bottle back down on the table.

"Why not?" André asks him, confused.

"Mountain streams are full of fish." Beck answers.

"So?" André asks again, opening his water bottle and drinking it.

"Fish pee." Beck replies, leaning forward and André eyes went wide.

"You're drinking fish pee." I repeat, snickering at him as he spits the water back out.

"Hey guys!" Tori shouts, running over to us, "Dude..." She turns to Beck, taking a seat besides him. "look what's on the buzzfinger homepage." She shows her phone screen to Beck and I get curious.

"Oh, poor Jay Leno." Beck comments sympathetically.

"What?" She pulls her phone back, "No, under that." She scrolls her phone as I try to take a peak but she turns it around again, showing it to Beck.

"Oh." He chuckles, drinking his coffee.

"Oh?" Tori scoffs, "That's you and Alyssa Vaughn, together." She repeats, waving the phone at him.

"What?!" "No way!" I exclaim at the same time as André as he takes the phone from Tori. I lean closer to look at the phone and yep, that is a picture of Beck and Alyssa Vaughn, together.

"That's Beck and Alyssa Vaughn, together!" André gasps, looking at Tori who nods. I sit up straight and smile tightly.

"Why are you guys so impressed?" Beck asks us, confused.