20: He is the source of my happiness

Bella

"You need to eat more angel." Lucca ordered softly as he took the food tray that was in front of me and placed it on the bedside table next to my bed.

"I am full." I whispered back to him. As my throat was still recovering from the strangulation and yelling, talking was still a bit painful. I closed my eyes and rested my head back on the head rest of the bed, feeling a headache building up.

I felt Lucca's warm hand cupping my cheeks "Take this, it will help with the pain." I opened my eyes looking right in the eyes of the man I was deeply in love with. I notice his jaw clench when his eye fall on my neck. Then bring a pill close to my mouth asking me to open. I slowly part my lips and without taking my eyes off his. He grabs a glass with straw in it and brings it close to my lips.

"Take slow sips for me angel." He says as I start drinking the water. I release the straw after taking a two small gulps and pushing the cup away from me. He places the cup back on the bedside table and then holds my hand in his.

"Angel, do you want me to massage your head?" He said looking helpless. Lucca has attached himself to me since we arrived at his home. He didn't even leave me alone for a single second and for some unknown reason my I love it. I love his over the moon protectiveness, his need to touch me all the time and to constantly ask me if I needed anything or if I was in pain.

I was resting my back at the headboard, and Lucca was sitting in front of me near my legs. I shifted slightly and patted the mattress next to mine, inviting him to sit with me. I only too Lucca a second before he removed his house slippers and tugged himself close to me.

I rested my head over his chest hearing his heartbeat underneath. Lucca muscular arms engulf pulling me more closer to him from the side.

"I love you angel." He says, and I can feel a tightness there like he is worried, scared that something will happen to me again.

I tilt my head up and kiss his jaw before muttering "I love you too Lucca." I feel his chest expand and then relax underneath me before he adds, "I don't think I have the power to survive anything like that again. I can't live without you angel."His voice sound vulnerable, causing my heart to ache.

I curled up around him from the side and closed my eyes as I felt Lucca run small circle behind over my back. I sighed with contentment as I inhaled in his sent and before I know I fall into an exhausted sleep.

---------------------------------------------

"Are you sure you are going to be okay Angel?" Lucca ask me for the umpteenth time as he circles his arms around me and spins me gently so I was now facing him.

I looked up into his warm eyes and smile at him "I am feeling much better Lucca, and before you ask, yes I am sure about cooking lunch for you guys. I want do it, it's my way of thanking you guys for saving us and taking care of us. Please don't say no" I say as I give him a sweet pout along with some flutter action of my eyelashes.

He looks down at me, and I see his wall break down as he sighs loudly and drops his head in the crook of my neck. "Okay." And before I could smile up with excitement Lucca pull his head back and gives me his serious look that I am too accustomed too "But you have to let my staff help you, Okay?"

I nod and bite back my smile but he notices that "Angel I am serious you are still recovering and I don't want you to overexert yourself."

"I have plenty of hands around me to help me, Lucca. So please don't worry about me and go attend your meeting and come back to me." I say as I kiss his sexy jaw before moving back.

But I should have known Lucca hates letting me go, "Aren't you forgetting something angel?" He asked with a smirk look and raised eyebrows. I pretend to act like I didn't know what he was talking about as I tapped my index finger on my chin.

"..ah I can't think of anything," I say trying to hide my smile.

"Oh really," Lucca says as he pushes me back slowly, up against the wall behind me. I gasped when I noticed the exact moment his ocean blue eyes turned a shade darker than the normal.

"Lucca" I tried to warn him but this time he acted all naive.

"Angel" He says in a low husky voice causing a shiver to run down my spine. My back hits the wall behind me, and he places both his hand on either side of me prevent me from running.

I move my hand and place it over his chest, feeling his heartbeat fast underneath my touch. "You are getting late Lucca." I remind him sounding all breathless.

"I don't care." He replies as his eyes roam over my face before landing back at my eyes and then he kisses my right cheek and then the left one. "I can do this all day angel." He adds, and I know he means it.

"Lucca," I sigh and use my other hand to push him away, but he doesn't budge.

A loud knock on our door followed by Francesco bark stops us "Lucca we are getting late. C'mon hurry up."