26

The kissing was a little awkward at first since she was stunned, but she quickly responded to it. Lara's hand moved around the back of my neck to grip it. She then took control and deepened the kiss. I had to hold onto her biceps for support. I was feeling light headed from the kiss since Lara was denying me a chance to breathe. Based on the way she's kissing me, I can tell she regained her memories. She eventually pulled back, allowing me to gasp for air.

"Mila." Her eyes were broken and she fell to her knees. "I'm so sorry!" She wrapped her arms around my waist and cried into me. "I'm so so sorry!" She was hysterically crying.

"You didn't know. It's ok-"

"It's not!" She cut me off. "I hurt you so, so many times." She cried even harder. "I hurt you." She whispered. "I hurt you." She mumbled.

"Allura, what's-"

"She's my soulmate." Lara didn't even turn to face her mother. "She's my other half." She tightened her grip around me. "I broke our bond." Her voice shook. "How could I destroy something so sacred?" She was broken.

"Okay, this is going to sound really crazy, but stay with me." Everyone in the room nodded at me.

They stopped me several times through my explanation. Fair enough because it sounded absurd even to me. Lara was too emotionally drained to comment. She'd merely nod her head along in confirmation. The entire time I spoke, she kept her grip around my waist, like she was afraid I'd disappear if she let go. Lara suddenly gasped, shocking everyone.

"Where's our Zena?!" Her eyes were filled with panic.

When I shook my head, she broke down. I explained that Zena was our daughter. They were saddened to see Lara looking so vulnerable. Unfortunately, they had no idea where the witch was. They've been so preoccupied with surprise wolf attacks that they haven't had time to track down other supernatural species.

Alena said that we should start searching. Everyone agreed, but we weren't able to start. The door was thrown open and a guard rushed inside.

"Wolf attack on the Chamonix village!" Everyone, but Lara, snapped their attention to the guard. "Soldiers are down there, but some have been spotted advancing up the mountain!"

"Alec." Alena grabbed her son. "You will be de facto King. We need to formulate a plan." He nodded at his mother. "You three, stay with them. Lara isn't psychologically able to fend for herself yet." They nodded at Alena.

Alena and Alec raced out the room. Lara was still clutching onto me, refusing to let go. I somehow convinced her to go to her room with me. Hailey had to help me get Lara to stand up. Her hand was clutched to mine the entire walk. Lexi and Taemin were watching out for anything out of the ordinary. Hailey entered the room first and did a sweep. When the room was cleared, she motioned for us to enter.

I brought Lara to the bed, where she cuddled into my side. I couldn't imagine the psychological turmoil going on in her head. She had been manipulated into severely harming her mate, the one person she swore to love and protect until the end of time (and we live forever).

The three looked at us before deciding to give us some privacy. Hailey stated that she'd guard this floor while the other two would do perimeter checks around the castle. I was the only one to give her a reply since Lara's face was buried in my chest. Hailey gave me a small smile before closing the door. I heard her feet speed off in the opposite direction.

I absentmindedly played with Lara's chocolate hair. I placed a gentle kiss to the top of her head. She let out a content sigh at the feeling. She tightened her embrace around me. I then felt her lightly shake. I glanced down to see her silently crying. I sat up and kissed her tears away.

"You wanted to die." She softly said. "Begged me to kill you. To release you from this torture... from me." Her eyes were glossy as she stared at me. "I will never forgive myself for the pain you endured by my hand."

"And you saved me from other's tortuous hands." I gripped her hands. "You've also been my protector." I gave her a soft kiss.

"I plunged my hand through your chest and gripped your heart." She choked out. "Whipped you!" She broke down. "Degraded you, placed a collar around your neck, chained your wrists, and called you dog!" She chuckled humorlessly. "Severed our bond!" She began violently shaking.

"Hey." I tightly held her. "It's okay." I soothed her.

"Why are you comforting me?" She softly asked.

"Because I love you and know you wouldn't have freely down that. Your mind was warped by that damn witch. We'll kill her." I promised. "She'll pay for putting you through this and taking our daughter away." I spoke with conviction. Lara nodded at my words.

"I promise that I'll spend eternity making amends for my egregious actions. You have my word." She promised me. I smiled and kissed her.

"I appreciate it, but we'll have to put that on hold. First, we have to deal with a war between our kinds." Lara chuckled. "And then find that bitch." She hissed at that. "And then you have to take goat yoga." Lara groaned. "Hey, you have to win back my love, right?" I teased her while pinching her cheeks.

"Anything else, my love?"

"Ooooooooo! I want to go to build a birdhouse with you! Can we paint our wall! Oh! Oh! Maybe graffiti it and..."

I droned on and on about some of the ideas that I knew Lara had been apprehensive about. I was expecting her to knock down my crazy ideas, but she was just watching me with a smile. She looked so in love with me.

"Are you even listening to me?" I laughed.

"I'm so in love with you." She attached her lips to mine.