Six

Wow!!! Number 302 in General Fiction. Thank you guys so much. <3 You're all awesome. :)

Maddie opened her eyes, feeling something heavy draped over her stomach. Looking down, she saw a big, tattooed arm wrapped around her.

"You having Deja vu?" Jude asked, his voice husky, and tired sounding.

Maddie smiled, but hissed in pain, the cut on her lip protesting the movement. "A little." She said quietly.

Jude sat up, reached over to the night stand and handed her three little red, round pills, and a glass of water.

"Here, take these, they will help." He said. She took the water then the pills, inspecting them.

Jude rolled his eyes. "They're ibuprofen." He said, smirking as he got out of bed.

She laughed. "I knew that..." She said softly, taking the pills. She got out of bed and noticed she was in one of Jude's black T-shirts.

"I must have been really tired." She said as she walked over to her clothes. He nodded. "Yeah, you fell asleep halfway through 'The Vow'." He told her, brushing his teeth in the bathroom.

"Did I text Katie? She's going to be so worried!!!" She said looking around for her phone, in panic mode.

"Babe, calm down, I texted her and told her you fell asleep and that I didn't want to wake you up if you didn't have class in the morning, and she told me that you didn't have class, so I just let you sleep." He said. She smiled a little. He was so thoughtful, he even thought to text her friend for her.

"Thank you, Jude." She whispered.

He turned his head and smiled at her. "No problem, babe, you want to go get breakfast?" He asked her, putting his toothbrush away.

She nodded. "Can we stop at my apartment first so I can change? And cover up this bruise?" She asked, looking at her reflection in the mirror. She had a big, purple bruise on the corner of her mouth that could be covered up by some concealer and foundation but she couldn't do anything about the swollen, cut lip, and scratches on her right cheek.

"Yeah. We should probably clean your cuts again too." He told her, picking up the rubbing alcohol.

They got to the little diner around ten, after Maddie went home to change her clothes, and cover up the bruise, and talk to Katie.

Their waitress was a blonde around thirty, named Aria, she was sweet, but kept giving Maddie sympathetic smiles. At first, Maddie wasn't sure why, but after the third time, after she walked away, Jude leaned forward.

"She thinks I did that to your face." He said.

"What? No she doesn't." She said softly, looking at the waitress. "Why would she think that?" She asked quietly.