Eight

Following what the Insect Hashira suggested to him, he invited her to walk with him within the garden of the training grounds. It was a small walk, so their attire is not that elaborate and Fuyuka opted on wearing a komon for their little date. Even Tomioka dressed casually.

It's strange for one to pick a training ground as an ideal place to have a date, but Fuyuka is already content as long as they're enjoying their time together.

Tomioka wanted to learn more about her. For one thing, her physical features are rare. Stark white hair and fair skin and aero blue eyes, it's as if she is the personification of snow.

And especially that he was curious when Urokodaki says that she's sometimes hesitating in beheading a demon.

It might not be easy, considering that she must've still been hurting after losing her parents in a demon attack. Emotional scars lasts longer than physical scars, after all.

"Is there something wrong?" Fuyuka peeked to look at him after seeing him in deep thoughts.

He looked at her and led her under a wisteria tree and they sat on a large rock to take a break.

"There is something I'd like to ask you."

"Hai?"

If she doesn't answer his question, then so be it. He won't force her. If she does, then... his questions and curiosities will be answered. He exhaled for a moment before looking at her.

"Would you mind telling me about yourself, Fuyuka?"

Her aero blue eyes widened in surprise.

"Eh? What's with the sudden question, Tomioka-san-" But she was silenced when he grabbed her cheeks and squished them playfully.

"I told you to call me Giyu. No need to be so formal." He scolded her lightly before releasing them. "Our ranks and age doesn't matter when we're together."

A huge blush covered her face. They're lovers but she can't help but feel conscious. Calling him by his name had been a huge hurdle for her the past few months.

"I'm sorry-"

"And don't apologize."

She sweat dropped. "Um... Why do you ask, To-"

He gave her a look.

"Giyu" She quickly changed her statement. "I really did call him by his name..."

"Your snow white hair and winter blue eyes. Like I told you, I find them beautiful. It is rare to have those features and also, your technique is an Ice breathing technique. Everything, even your name, reminds me a lot of winter. Let's just say I am curious and I want to learn more about you." He explained. "If it's okay, that is."

She blinked in surprise before cracking a smile. Never in her whole life after her parent's death someone would want to learn more about her. Her master had been careful when asking about her past and she didn't pry any further.

But in reality, Fuyuka wanted to talk to someone about her past and her true self. Even though she knows her past far from normal, she wanted someone to listen her side and she hoped...they'd come to accept it. She was happy that Tomioka is a straightforward person but at the same time, scared and a little overwhelmed.

"But... Tomioka-wait...Giyu hates demon because they killed his sister... If he knew that I..." she mentally bit her lower lip, "Will he... hate me? Will his kindness... disappear?"

"I'm sorry." Tomioka told her upon seeing that she had grown silent. "I shouldn't have asked that."

"No." She shook her head. "It's normal of you to ask. Actually, I'm a little scared telling you but... Giyu, please answer me honestly. Will you hate me and throw me away if I tell you more about myself?"