Chapter 17

Lunch just ended, and Law is now heading to his World History class. He didn't see Luffy during lunch (he was most certainly not keeping an eye out for him), but he should see him in this next class that they share together.

Law arrived at the classroom. To his dismay, he recognized a voice and immediately wanted to do a 180 and leave before he entered the classroom.

"Why are you doing this?! Don't be so pissy because I didn't show up!" Law heard Monets high pitched scream.

Law walked inside and saw Monet looking livid, her hands are on her hip, and she is looking down at Kidd, who was sitting in his desk.

Kidd looked disturbed, and he could tell he was annoyed by Monet.

"I don't want to be with you anymore. Just go."

"H-how dare you?!" She screeched, and she held up her hand, probably to slap Kidd like she did to Law.

"You fucker! You will regret this!"

She goes to slap him, and Kidd closes his eyes in preparation, but he never feels a slap. Kidd opens his eyes to see Monets arm held back by Law. He grabbed her wrist and gave her a dirty look.

"He broke up with you, leave."

Monet scoffed and ripped her hand out of Laws grip.

"Get off me, fag!" She yelled in his face. Law wipes his face because he was pretty sure she spit in the process of yelling, and gave her an unbothered look.

"Is this your class?"

Monet turns to see Mr. Bones has entered the classroom, looking quite confused to see the classroom fixated on the 3 students. Law immediately layed his eyes on the shorter figure next to the teacher. Luffy was also with him. Luffy met eyes with Law and smiled at him, and Law slightly smiled back.

"N-no sir." Monet confessed.

"The bell is going to ring soon, shouldn't you be heading to your classroom?" He asked thoughtfully.

"Yes, i'll be leaving now." She gave the most menacing looks to Law and Kidd before making her way to exit the classroom.

"Oh! and Monet..." Mr. Bones started, and Monet stopped to look at the teacher.

Mr. Bones was writing something quickly on a piece of paper and held it out to her. "Those nicknames and language is not permitted in this school, especially in my classroom. This is a detention slip for a week."

Monet turned red from embarrassment as the whole class snickered at the female. She got what she deserved. She rudely snatched the slip and stomped out the classroom.

Law was thankful that was over with. Monet is the definition of someone Law despises. Law going to make his way to his seat when Kidd held out a hand to stop him.

Law internally groaned and was not in the mood to talk to the other. Law tilted his head down to look at Kidd.

Kidd furrowed his eyebrows, and looked like he didn't know what to say. Law clicked his tongue and tried to shove past Kidds arm but he wouldn't budge.

"Wait! Goddamn."

"What do you want, Eustass-ya?"

Kidd put the arm back and stubbornly looked away like a child, before quietly muttering "Thanks."

Law thought Kidd wasn't too bad of a person now. He still hates his guts for some reason, but now a little less. "Whatever."

Law walked to his seat, and finally sat down. Luffy finished his conversation with Mr. Bones, and skipped to his seat next to Law.