I 43 I

'Cat Noir. Ladybug. I have an announcement for you all! I've captured Y/n Dupain-Cheng and unless you hand me your miraculous, I will throw her off the Eiffel Tower!' Hawkmoth's voice magically rings out through the city of Paris, causing civilians to turn their heads and stare in my direction. They gasp, seeing me all roped to the side of the monument-yet they just stand there like frozen deer in the headlights. 

I sigh to myself. 'Could you not have at least tied me sitting down? I'm getting tired just standing here.' I cough in Hawkmoth's direction. 'There. Now you have Corona.' 

'What's Corona?' Hawkmoth frowns with confusion. 'Never mind,' he says, adjusting his position and regaining composure. 'You have ten minutes!' 

Within a second, Ladybug and Cat Noir are flying towards me. Cat Noir's green eyes are blazing with a hard fire and he stops right in front of me. 

'Are you alright, y/n?' He asks, looking concerned. 

'Grandpa here was too busy making threats, he didn't manage to follow through with any of them.' I hiss, glaring at Hawkmoth. 

'Give me your miraculous,' Hawkmoth insists, stepping closer to Cat Noir and Ladybug. 

'Y/n,' Ladybug says, hopping over to untie me while Cat Noir attempts to fight Hawkmoth. 

'There's something you need to know,' I whisper urgently. 'Hawkmoth is-Hawkmoth's identity is Gabriel Agreste.' 

'WHAT?' Cat Noir stands there, shell shocked and holding his stick limply to the side. 

'Now it's time for my master plan!' He yells, releasing the akuma. 'Akumatize Oblivio once more!' 

The akuma flutters dangerously towards Alya and Nino, who are both tied to the bottom of the Eiffel Tower. 

'Stop, Gabriel!' Ladybug shouts, starting towards him. 

'I'm doing this for you, son,' Gabriel says to Cat Noir. 

'ADRIEN?' Ladybug looks shocked as she turns to Cat Noir. 

'Mari-look out!' I say as the akuma changes its course and starts towards us, sensing a more powerful negative emotion. 

'Marinette?' Adrien looks shocked. 

'I'm doing this to bring your mother back, Adrien,' Gabriel says. 'So we can be a family again.' 

'This isn't the right way,' Cat Noir holds composure, his expression hardening. The akuma senses something else, flying away towards Nino and Alya again. 

'No!' Alya shouts. 'Not again!' 

'Don't be afraid, Alya,' Nino says loudly, smiling determinedly. 

Unfortunately, Alya doesn't seem to heed this piece of information, and she panics. Completely understandable though. Her eyes darken as the Akuma flits into her glasses. Nino's drops open as the ropes fall away, and he backs away into the crowd. 

'Oblivius,' Hawkmoth says. 'Though it was not my original plan, I need you to erase the memories of everyone here. Give them false memories that will tear everyone apart forever!' He laughs the most evil laugh I've ever heard, as Oblivius nods. 

'It'll be most easy to capture Cat Noir and Ladybug's miraculous's now! If you won't to it for your mother-I'll have to force you.' 

'Fight it Alya!' I yell. Ladybug jumps into action swinging down and dodging the bolts of red shot at her. Cat Noir unties me quickly. 

'No matter,' Hawkmoth says. 'It'll be over soon.' 

'No-' For a second, recognition flashes through Alya's eyes and she stops trying to shoot Ladybug. 'I can't fight them.' 

'Do it now!' Hawkmoth orders.

Oblivius screams, the red light growing in her palms. She holds her hands up the sky letting out a giant blast of red energy, and then everything goes dark.