I 59 I

'-next I want you to read pages three and four and write a full essay on the journey of Gowther-' (why though?)

Beside me, Adrien coughs slightly. I look over and he quickly slides a piece of paper to me across the desk. I glance at it, my eyebrows furrowing before reaching for it. I open it, but before I can read it, Mrs. Mendeleiev snatches it from me. 

'No notes in class.' She grumbles quietly. I roll my eyes. I hate Mrs. Mendeleiev. 

Her eyes widen as she opens the crumpled paper, reading it. I watch her face turn a shade of tomato red. 'ADRIEN AGRESTE!' Mrs. Mendeleiev yells, the vein in her neck pulsing. 

Oh shit, what did the note say?

'You cannot put things like this in writing!' She seethes, slamming her hands down on the table. 'Do you even know....? The trouble.....Oh your father would be-' Mrs. Mendeleiev cuts herself off several times, shaking her head. 

'Sorry,' Adrien mutters. He lowers his voice. 'It wasn't really meant for you anyways.' 

'Uh, what's so bad about passing notes?' Alya clears her throat loudly. 'It's not hurting anyone.' 

Mrs. Mendeleiev narrows her eyes at Alya. 'You read the note, see for yourself.' She passes it to her.

'What does it say?' Chloe says eagerly. 'Read it out loud!' 

Alya's eyes open wide as she reads the note, and she stares at me, passing the note back to Mrs. Mendeleiev.

Adrien just pretends to slam his head on the table. 

'Read it out loud!' Sabrina begs. 

'Yeah, I want to know what it says!' Kim agrees. 

'Shut your mouth Kim!' Chloe squawks. 

'Don't read it,' I say quietly. 'Whatever it says, please don't read it.' 

Mrs. Mendeleiev just looks between Chloe, Adrien, and me, not saying a word. She purses her lips, folding the note smaller and tossing it onto my desk. 

'That's ENOUGH!' She yells, silencing everyone. 'Go to the principal's office, Adrien and Y/n. I will be calling your parents!' 

Marinette's mouth drops open and she mouths at me. 'What could it have possibly said?' 

I sigh quietly, shrugging at her and standing up. I take the note with me, walking out of the classroom. Adrien follows behind me, but slower. 

After we round the corner he clears his throat awkwardly. 

'What does the note even say that's so bad?' I say, more to myself, peeling the paper open. 'Oh.

Adrien licks his lips. 'Sorry I got you in trouble.' 

'It's alright,' I laugh. 'Oh my god your Father's going to kill you.' 

I knock on Mr. Damocles door and step back. 

'Come in!' He grunts loudly. 'But just know, you're interrupting the hour of the OWL!' 

'We'll come back later?' I suggest hopefully. 

'What are you here for?' He yells through the door. 

'Uh, we'll just come back later,' Adrien says. 'Do your important job.' 

A loud sigh comes from the other side of the door. 'Fine.' 

Adrien and I glance at each other, slightly relieved. 

'Well that was close,' I sigh. 'Don't think I could handle him knowing.' 

'She's calling our parents you know,' Adrien says. 

'Oh no.'