CHAPTER 33

ANOTHER MATURE CHAPTER

(you lucky bastards)

Ezra sneakily opens the door at two in the afternoon, it was a pretty odd time to be back at home. Duncan was waiting for him to get in the house and then drive away to the packhouse but Ezra did not dare to put his foot in. The couple was back from the city after spending a whole wonderful day, a lovely night, and then a very smexy after morning. And Ezra was scared. There wasn't a single time in his eighteen years of life when he stayed out of the house. Let alone staying for this long. And the cherry on top "after mating".

"I can't!" Ezra gestured, crossing his hands, towards his mate who was giddily looking at his love's moving lips but did he catch any words from those lips? NO! He just kept looking at how more beautiful, charming, and gorgeous his mate looked now. Keyword: more. Duncan caught upon the words when Ezra's eyes glared at him breaking him from the trance.

"Go, go" Duncan urges. He was terrified, to be honest. After having a near-death beating from Easton this morning, when Ezra was in his room, he was horrified to face Austin. But like Easton suggested waiting before letting the news out to his father, if he wanted to stay alive. Austin Knight was a calm man, very calm, and that made him scary. The only person that could keep Austin in his place was Aurora. And the beta was confident about this.

Duncan already had Aurora in his bag. He was sure that wonderful woman will give them her blessings. Then there were Elias and Elena, sigh. Knights' was Duncan's second home and the Knight family was his family, of course, which is why it scared the shit out of him to even let out that he mated their second son, who is merely eighteen, without their permission. Relationships mattered than anything in this house and the couple knew it.

"Duncan" Ezra pouted and he took everything in Duncan to stop himself from pouncing on his mate and take him right here in his car. Ezra closed his eyes, making up his mind, pulled his shirt up hiding away the mating mark, and then masked his changed scent from the wooden door at the entrance. "Bye" he waved smiling at his mate who replied with a flying kiss and drove off.

The young alpha walked into the hall and yelled at the top of his lungs noticing Elias and Elena, who stood right on the opposite side of the door, hands folded and brows frowned. Ezra relaxed that it was only his siblings and not his parents. He pulled the collar of his buttoned shirt close and laughed nervously. "Don't scare me like that"

Elias examined his elder brother from head to toe, there was a different vibe coming from him. One, he was wearing a shirt with flowers on it. Two, he was sneaking into the house. Three, there was no scent coming from him. "Where were you?" the youngest member of the house asked, beating shiny red sandals which Easton gifted on her last birthday. Elena looked more cute than serious in her jeans shorts and blue t-shirt. She squinted her eyes towards her brother waiting for an answer. This look can make anyone go "aww".

But, even Elena scared Ezra now.

"F-friend's h-house" Elena was Ezra's weakness, he was afraid he would lose it and utter everything in truth if his sister asked him again.

A friend with benefits

"Silver, no"

I didn't lie.

"You and Duncan are friends? Since when?" it was Elias this time. All he has seen in the past years was Duncan avoiding Ezra with all his might. And on Ezra's eighteenth birthday, Silver outraged looking at Arion which Elias did see.

"No, not Duncan, Eli-"

"You have no friends, brother" the younger Knight savagely told his brother to which Elena nodded her agreement.