Chapter 28

I skip towards May's flower shop as I get excited to tell May the amazing news

I skip towards May's flower shop as I get excited to tell May the amazing news. I went back home but I wasn't able to find her, so I suspect she's at her shop. Clyde wasn't at home too, that's weird because he's usually home at around that time. 

I approach the flower shop with a wide smile on my face, but it quickly vanishes as I take in the sight before me. The shop lights are turned off, the windows are shattered, the flower pots are broken, and all the plants look.....dead.

What did the hell happen? I know for sure May and Clyde didn't do this. May loves her flowers and Clyde loves May. So who did?

Panic starts to settle inside me as I slowly make my way over to the shop. I didn't even need to open the doors as the hinges are broken and one of the doors is all but broken glass pieces littering the floor. Some of the lights flicker on the ceiling. 

"May?" I call out. No answer. "Clyde?" I try again but yet no answer. The only sound I hear is my thumping heart and the sound of my feet moving as I step on some of the glass pieces.

A portrait of all of us that May keeps hanging on the wall is sliced. The slit goes right in between me and May as if cutting me off from the picture. Or cutting them off. This is scary. I don't know what do to. My fight or flight instincts kick in. 

I shakily reach for my phone in my back pocket but then I hear something coming from behind me. Or rather, someone. I try to steady my breath as I slowly turn around. Shit shit shit. I should have never entered the store. But it was worth the risk of finding if May and Clyde were somewhere in here, they could have possibly been injured. But I have no idea where they are now.

Before I can fully turn my head around, a hand is placed over my mouth, stopping me from screaming. But, as I breathe in for air, I feel myself losing consciousness. Soon I fall into the man's arms as darkness overcomes me.

Why isn't she picking the hell up? I called Prim for at least the 10th time in the past hour and she hasn't picked up

Why isn't she picking the hell up? I called Prim for at least the 10th time in the past hour and she hasn't picked up. Worry starts to fill in my stomach. The door to the gym opens and I turn around to see Jed with a worried look on his face. 

I march over to him. "Have you seen Prim? She's not answering her phone," I quickly rush out. Jed's eyes grow wide at what I just said.

"I thought she was with you?" Jed ask. I shake my head. "Shit," He says. "Well if she's not with you then where the hell is she?"