Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Soon, the game was over, Will's team Beaufort Polo Club won, and Leigh's group got up to go get to the front of the crowd to see the trophies handed out as Zara left them to go support her husband; Leigh finally spotted the one person she wanted to see while she was there.

"Hey, um, I need to go to the loo again, I'll be right back," Leigh said and left Ash and the kids.

"Okay," they said and headed on.

Leigh had to make sure that Ashlyn and the kids didn't see her as she made her way over to the other side of the crowd gathering and carefully getting closer to her friend she spotted.

As she got closer, a few guards smiled at her, "Lady Fellowes," and parted for her to get through to the other side.

"Lady Leigh," her friend said.

"Hello," she said going over, they hug, and air kiss each other's cheeks.

"You made it; did you bring your friends?"

"Yes, they went toward the front to watch the winners and trophies get handed out as I spotted you and had to come over."

"Well, I'm glad you did," she smiled. "So, do you have a plan of when I can meet them?"

"Soon, I know that a lot of background checks have to be done on your end, which I'm sure our people exchanged that info earlier this week with my granddad, and once I get the thumbs up from both sides, then I'll arrange it."

"Wonderful. I don't want to wait too long. I've been waiting for years to meet her."

"I know you and the boys too," Leigh said smiling while glancing at the players winning circle.

~*~*~*~

Ash smiled as she watched handshakes be given, the awards being handed out, the big checks, the queen of course congratulating her grandson's team, both of course, and soon pictures were being taken.

"Such fine young men," someone near them said.

"Which ones?" another asked which some chuckled.

Ash figured the royal family, but she just watched and admired the ceremony. All of a sudden, she felt her bracelet get warm. She looks at it and moves it around on her wrist.

"Are you okay?" Michelle asked.

"I don't know. I was just looking over there and all of a sudden, my bracelet got warm."

"Has it happened before?"

"No, it's just cool most of the time. I mean it's warm when it's in the sunlight, but we've been in the shade most of the time, so this is a first."

"Weird."

~*~*~*~

Over by the winner's circle, the men were all together as the winning team was getting their trophies for the game that they won, and one was just looking over at the front of the crowd, and noticed his friend Leigh's niece Michelle talking to this beautiful redhead, along with a young man talking with them. He then noticed that Leigh wasn't around Michelle, so he wondered what was going on; he normally saw them both together at these events.

He did wonder who this redhead and a young man was, until he spots something shining on the woman's wrist, he recognizes it, but wasn't quite sure if it's the same one he remembered from a few years ago.