Chapter 25

I close the bathroom door behind me quietly and hunch myself over the toilet, making myself throw up. I'm disgusted with myself and the alcohol inside me. I want it out. It makes me so sick to think I'd ever turn out like my mother, so it's not hard to make myself throw it all up. 

Not like I drank much, but it still makes me sick. 

We played a little more after I took a sip of the alcohol before going up to sleep. I've been laying in bed for hours thinking about what I did before I got up and made myself sick. 

I hate myself. How could I give in and drink that? It tasted horrible, I don't understand how my mother likes that stuff. How could you get addicted to something that tastes like burning piss?

I make myself throw up everything in my stomach before I flush and wash my hands. I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth too before going back into the bedroom. I debate going back to sleep, but I feel wide awake. 

I leave the room quietly and go downstairs. I make a cup of tea and look out the window while the water boils. The rain has stopped, turning into snow. A thin sheet of small flakes coat the ground. It's really pretty. 

"Hey," a voice comes from behind me. 

I nearly jump out of my skin as I turn around wide eyed to see Shade standing in the doorway. 

I exhale, "God you scared the shit out of me."

He smiles, "Sorry. What are you doing up? It's like 1 in the morning."

I shrug, "Couldn't sleep. You?"

"I heard someone come downstairs."

"Oh," I say guiltily. I didn't know I had made so much noise, "I'm sorry if I woke you. I didn't mean to be so loud."

"Don't worry about it. I wasn't really sleeping much anyways. I've been thinking. About you." He says almost nervously. 

I lift an eyebrow as I flick off the burner and pour myself a cup of tea. I take another mug out of the cabinet and pour a second cup, sliding one to him, "What about me?"

He's going to say he regrets kissing me all those times. It was a mistake. He just wants to be friends. I knew this was coming. I understand. It's for the best. But do I want him? Yes. 

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks. 

I snap my gaze up to him, "What?"

He blushes, "Don't make me say it again. It took a lot of effort just to get it out once."

I chuckle. Anything I was preparing for him to say, it wasn't even remotely close. I hide my smile while I try to think logically, "We can't. We haven't even been on a date yet. You can't be boyfriend and girlfriend if you haven't even been on a date."

He furrows his eyebrows and comes closer to me, taking my face in his hand, drawing circles on my cheek, "Aw, come on. We don't need to go on a date. We know each other pretty well. We've hung out before. We've kissed before."

As if to add emphasis to his last sentence, he leans his face down and his lips meet mine. Every kiss he gives me is like fire in my bones. My heart quickens, every nerve heightened. 

"But-," I start to say against his lips. 

He pulls away slightly and looks down at me, "Is a date what it'll take to get you to be my girlfriend?"

I smile slightly and look at his lips, "Yes."

He kisses me again and whispers, "Okay."

He leans back and puts his mug in the sink, "Let's go."