xxxɪᴠ.sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀᴊᴀx

hi, i'm alive still

First Person POV...

And I did pick up the kid- I mean Ajax. However, I also heard some interesting news.

"I heard that the prince is showing his face for the first time in 11 years!"

"Wait, really? I haven't heard anything about him since the death of-"

A slap resounds through the otherwise quiet hall. Just around the corner, I stand, breathing silently so they don't hear my eavesdropping. Now that I think about it, I could've just used magic to listen, but I suppose this is more entertaining.

They continue speaking. "We're not supposed to speak of them, you know that!"

"Well yes, but I feel like it's wrong. They were the rightful-"

"OI! Why are you two loitering around here, it's training time! Get going," a knight says, already speeding past them towards the training area. When she turns the corner, or at least when I assume she turns the corner, I'm gone.

...

"Woah, Ajax you got taller!" I exclaim as he jolts and turns to face me. I popped up out of nowhere and to be honest, I was hoping he'd be more scared.

"Yeah, I did!" He hugs me, burying his face into my legs. So cute..!

"Thank you for taking care of him, Captain Dorothy," I smile at the pink-haired woman. She smiles back, although she's still sleeping. I wonder how she does that?

"Alright, onwards Ajax! We've got a pretty important thing coming up in the next few days!" I cheer, and the little boy cheers with me.

I'm glad he's better now. He used to be so quiet.

"Oh, but where are we going, Big Sis?"

"Ah, did I forget to tell you? We're going to the Star Festival!"

"Is the Star Festival really important?"

"Well, to some citizens, yes. It's one of the only times they see their current king-" mostly to ridicule him for his god-awful ruling. "And this year, we'll be seeing his successor, who has apparently been sick all his life." And that guys my little brother.

"Aw, what a poor guy! I hope he feels better!"

Our voices faded from passerby's ears as we passed them, chattering all the way back home.

SORRY EVERYONE, this was originally going to be the royal knights arc but then I remembered the Star Festival, so I apologize for the mistake

⇠⇡⇢

Third Person POV...

I wonder if this is what it feels like to be a parent? It's a nice feeling, and I like it when he tells me about his day. His face really hides nothing and it's so cute, I'm melting..!

[Name] is now a certified kid lover, no matter what you say. Although, the kids at the church were cute as well. Oh, maybe I could visit them after the Royal Knights tryouts. Apparently, captains don't have to take the test, so that's a big plus. OH wait, I'll just see them at the Star Festival.

"Hehe," [Name] giggles. Ajax looks at her with his beady brown eyes and mimics her laughter. Giving him a glare,(playful of course) she rubs her hands together like an evil mastermind. "You dare make fun of my laughter?!" Ajax shrieks and tries to run away, but his laughing will be his downfall.