xli. serenity. pt. 2

Warnings:
Torture
Murder
Suicide
will be putting **** when those begin

Third Person POV, flashback continued...

[Name] steps into the quaint little house with the quaint decorations and seats herself on the couch Serenity leads her to. Setting down her backpack, she asks for water. She feels unusually parched. Serenity brings it, and the two then sit in an uncomfortable silence.

[Name]'s the one to break it.

Looking down at her cup, she says three words.

"Are you... okay?"

...

Silent.

Either the question doesn't register in Serenity's head, she's zoning out, or she's just flat out ignoring her. Looking up as she takes another sip of her water, she nearly chokes.

Serenity stares at her, unblinkingly. It was unnerving, not only because of that, but because around [Name], the blue-eyed girl was always wavering on a tight-rope around her before today. For this change to suddenly occur after helping her once... 'Well, maybe she's just gotten comfortable... haha...'

She knew that really wasn't the case.

Serenity finally speaks, her beady eyes looking at [Name] still. "[Name]..."

She tilts her head in response, wondering what the small girl wants to ask.

"Don't you remember me?"

'Remember... what?'

"Uhh... I remember you from the first day of school! Haha!" [Name] jokes. "You know what, I was actually really nervous that day, even though I've moved around a lot and all, but it really wasn't that bad-" She rambles.

"No, [Name]," Serenity cuts her off. "Do you really not remember me?" Her face changes, showing a sign of desperation. "Do you not remember all of those lives together? All this time, I've thought 'No way she doesn't remember,' and 'Maybe she just thinks I don't,' so give it to me straight, [Name]." Serenity places her hand down on the table between them, leaning in and staring into [Name]'s eyes. "Do you remember me or not."

[Name]'s hands quiver slightly. 'What the fuck is she talking about? Has she gone insane? Or maybe she's just having a sudden mood change? Yeah, [Name], saying she's gone insane is too-'

Shlick!

A needle went clean into [Name]'s neck, the liquid inside quickly draining into her bloodstream. She drowsily tries to jerk her head away, but it's too late.

"You always did think too hard."

She collapsed in a heap into Serenity's arms.

————

A jerk of her finger.

Her eyes flutter open, and she blinks slowly before closing them again. 'I'm exhausted. Just how long has it been?' She thinks. She wiggles, trying to find a comfortable position in the hard wooden chair she's in so she can go back to sleep.